Is booq vyper m3 the best?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wwe2008, Jun 18, 2010.

1. wwe2008 macrumors 6502

Yeah, title says it all. To protect my new uMBP 15" while its in my bag and stuff... :)

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The booq Vyper is the best protection I've ever seen in a notebook sleeve. In my opinion, it offers far better protection than any neoprene case, the zippers never come into contact with your MBP, and it looks great!
    [​IMG]

3. bli625 macrumors 6502a

bli625

+1

4. stonyc macrumors 65816

stonyc

Have one too. I put mine in a nice padded notebook compartment in my backpack and it gives me an extra sense of confidence. If you're thinking about getting it, stop.. just get it. :)

5. jaytee0401 macrumors newbie

6. atrac7 macrumors regular

i was considering getting this bag as well. i then instead went with the STM Turtle hardcase sleeve, simply because less people have it and there are no zippers at all to deal with. You can also just slide in the macbook rather than having a "clamshell" like sleeve such as the booq. It uses extremely durable elastic loops to snap in place with the hooks. Much faster in my opinion than doing the "put down on table, open up case, lay macbook onto case, zip up" routine.

Again, it's also hardshell, like the booq:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Libertine Lush macrumors 6502a

That's pretty neat! I imagine it really is more convenient without the zippers. The only issue is the hooks protrude from the otherwise flat body. And I wonder if when pressure is placed against this hooks, like in a tight backpack, how much of that pressure transfers to the MBP inside.

For those interested: http://www.stmbags.com/catalog/laptop-sleeves/turtle-medium-laptop-sleeve/

8. atrac7 macrumors regular

I too was worried about this initially, however, I soon realized that the pressure from the hooks would have only been an issue had the case been some sort of neoprene sleeve. But due to it being hardshell, even with pressure, the inside part of the case and its hook does not come into contact with the macbook.

Also, the inner part of the case and its hook side is recessed AWAY from whatever contact it would have with the macbook, further keeping any part of the hook from affecting the laptop. I also have a wrapsol on my mac anyways for added protection. The structure of the case is very strong and I don't see it "caving" in anytime from added pressure, unless you are throwing 10 text books on it or something, which is unlikely.

I personally LOVE mine. I really did look at the booq and decided that this is simply easier to take out computer and place in computer, especially "on the go", as there are no zippers to deal with, as well as not having to fully open the case. It also has a lot more "subtle/professional" look to it, although that is subjective. The booq has a more "standing out" look to it imo. Both are great cases though.

9. Libertine Lush macrumors 6502a

That's good to know. Likewise, this and the Booq are the two most attractive ones I've seen.

10. laserbeam273 macrumors 6502

*massive old thread rebump!*

I'm looking at getting a hardcase sleeve for my 15" MBP, only issue is that it's the early 2008 model, i.e. not a unibody. Would the booq vyper m3 work with my 15" MBP non-unibody?

11. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, it would. If you go to the booq site, it will show you which bags work with which Macs, including exact dimensions.

12. laserbeam273 macrumors 6502

Well the problem is that I measure my macbook as being 26 mm tall, when the site says that the interior measurement of the sleeve/case is 24 mm. I may send them an email to check.

EDIT: I had another look and they posted measurements for my MBP as being 25 mm, and from that they recommend a collection of bags which doesn't include the booq vyper. I'd be surprised if 1 mm was enough to make it not fit.

13. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It fits. That's the sleeve I use on the same model.

14. laserbeam273 macrumors 6502

15. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

Anybody know if the booq taipan skin s is a good sleeve? I'm considering it for my 13" mbp.

16. Pballer110 macrumors 6502

If I had a speck case on my MBP would it still fit in the vyper?

17. jetjaguar macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

doubt it would fit

i used to have the viper m3 and loved it .. for my new mbp i think im going
    to pick up the m3 gtr .. like the color of it better than the m3 one