Is Bootcamp beta reliable?

Jamiephofe

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2007
South Yorkshire
Pretty straight forward question.

Certain plugins I use are only compatible with Windows, so I will have to dual boot Mac OS and Windows. Obviously the Bootcamp released with Leopard will be stable (hopefully), but I need my MBP in October, not 3 months from October when it finally ships.

I need to know whether performance will be affected as it is a beta release, also if there are any additional complications due to running the beta version.

Thank you

- Jamie

XheartcoreboyX

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2007
Pretty straight forward question.

Certain plugins I use are only compatible with Windows, so I will have to dual boot Mac OS and Windows. Obviously the Bootcamp released with Leopard will be stable (hopefully), but I need my MBP in October, not 3 months from October when it finally ships.

I need to know whether performance will be effected as it is a beta release, also if there are any additional complications due to running the beta version.

Thank you

- Jamie
I wonder the same thing..is Bootcamp going to run EXACTLY like using a pc with windows on it??

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
I wonder the same thing..is Bootcamp going to run EXACTLY like using a pc with windows on it??
Yes. Bootcamp is just a BIOS emulator in EFI. Once Windows boots it no longer uses the BIOS for hardware access so it's totally like running on a normal PC. The hardware is the same.

Frosty1

macrumors member
May 8, 2007
I've got Bootcamp, to play my games on, and it it works perfectly fine and is very reliable for me

XheartcoreboyX

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2007
Yes. Bootcamp is just a BIOS emulator in EFI. Once Windows boots it no longer uses the BIOS for hardware access so it's totally like running on a normal PC. The hardware is the same.
So if i have ANY usb/Express card device..that ONLY works on windows would it work on mac by bootcamp by simply installing the drivers??