Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
May 1, 2010
California
I installed Xcode 7 to test on my own device. It's been working fine. Now, I'm trying BT sample programs and they don't work.

It says I need a dev account, but it doesn't ask for that on other apps that don't have BT.

Did Apple exclude some functions from test devices without a paid account?

Suspended
Original poster
May 1, 2010
California
Ok, looks like it's not BT related. I changed my AppleID password and now nothing is working. I'm logged into Apple, but nothing new is working. The old apps are working, but not the new ones.

Any idea how to fix this?

tyche

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2010
Couple things off the top of my head. In XCode preferences you have your apple id accounts where you can verify it's connected to apple and the iOS Development is enabled. Maybe you have different apple id's, you can have multiple.

Also, on the iOS device you may to go into general settings and allow the profile. I can't think where it is right now but once I had to allow the profile to run on the device.

It would help more if you posted an actual error message.

And yes, some functions are blocked on the free provisioning but it's bigger frameworks like iCloud, ApplePay, Push Notif, etc.

Suspended
Original poster
May 1, 2010
California
Couple things off the top of my head. In XCode preferences you have your apple id accounts where you can verify it's connected to apple and the iOS Development is enabled. Maybe you have different apple id's, you can have multiple.

Also, on the iOS device you may to go into general settings and allow the profile. I can't think where it is right now but once I had to allow the profile to run on the device.

It would help more if you posted an actual error message.

And yes, some functions are blocked on the free provisioning but it's bigger frameworks like iCloud, ApplePay, Push Notif, etc.

Here's the messages, I'm going to go back and check the exact spelling, but it takes my login and puts it in the window on the left, so it's a proper login. For some reason, I can't find anywhere to manage groups of developers.

The box is in Xcode->preferences->accounts under the id/password/description. It has a list of Name iOS Mac

"then it says "myid" is not on any development teams"

This message comes up as an Xcode error:

Failed to code sign "___app name___"

No provisioning profiles matching the bundle identifier "com._____.appname" were found.

Xcode can attempt to fix this issue.

Next window:

To fix this issue, you need to add an Apple ID account that is enrolled in a Developer Program.

I click add and it brings me to Preferences->Accounts. There, I see the login and under Apple IDs, I see my account id. Down in the details box, it says:

"____my account___"

is Not on Any Development Teams

I've logged into the Apple Dev site several times and my name is there, the account is active.
[doublepost=1457714665][/doublepost]Ok, I checked one of the test devices under settings->profiles and I have 6 provisioning profiles. Some years old and expired, others still active.

I tried going to the app store so that I would have to log back in with new password and shut down xcode, it didn't change anything.

Suspended
Original poster
May 1, 2010
California
Looks like this an issue for many people and looks like Apple took out a number of things from Xcode for handling this.

From SO:
Spent a lot of time trying to fix the same issue on Xcode 7 i.e. refreshing the Xcode managed provisioning profiles.

After adding the UDID in the member center, what worked for me was just removing the account from preferences -> account and adding it back again. It updated all the provisioning profiles.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...-team-provisioning-profile-managed-by-xcode-7

I'm going to have to try this, if that doesn't work, maybe I'll have to delete everything and re-install.

It would be nice if they'd get these things fixed, provisioning has always been a pain.

AxoNeuron

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2012
The Left Coast
You could be dealing with the expired Apple Worldwide Developers certificate. It expired last month but many people seem to only run into issues with it much later. I was able to sign apps until last week, when I started experiencing issues.

It turns out I had the latest (valid) cert, but the old cert was still in my Keychain messing things up. I had to go into OS X Keychain and check EVERY category (System, etc) to make sure to delete the expired Apple Worldwide Developers certificate. Expired certificates will have a little red icon so they're easy to spot. Something for you to check perhaps.

I agree with you about provisioning being hell. Things seem to have actually gotten worse in Xcode 7. And Apple's provisioning errors could not possibly get any more vague and confusing. They'd have better luck just having an error pop up saying "Something has gone wrong somewhere. Good luck and godspeed."

Suspended
Original poster
May 1, 2010
California
Problem solved! Ends up that I kept my older versions of Xcode and the one on the dock was the older version. So I was using 6.3 instead of 7.
[doublepost=1459924722][/doublepost]I thought there was some way of marking a thread as solved, but I can't find it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.