Is Buy New iPad the only solution?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by edwinfischer, Oct 14, 2014.

1. edwinfischer macrumors newbie

Hello everybody, as a user of iPad 2, I wonder if buying a new one is the only solution to the huge loss of function on iOS 8.0.2? Obviously, apart from just complaining about it on this thread!

Any other tips? Is there any sense in expecting the problems to get better rather than worse with the next upgrade?

Thanks! Certainly uncool for a fast working device to lose so much functionality overnight. Ans I believe not at all in Apple's best interests.

2. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

What specifically isn't working? It's woeth doing a reboot of your device and I'd even do a network settings reset too. Clear the safari cache. Get everything as close to a base state as possible and see what happens.

Worth a shot. The second generation iPads we have in the house running the latest OS work pretty well.

3. edwinfischer thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot for reply. Have done all that more than once.

Everything slow. Safari, FB just shut off randomly. Hasn't got through a single youtube clip without the app closing.

Seems quite a widespread issue.

4. trouble747 macrumors 6502

5. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Not necessarily so. There have been plenty of posts claiming no issues with iOS 8 on the iPad 2.

Hang in there - a recent comment indicated iOS 8.1 will take care of the lag. Also, could be some of your problems are caused by the apps.

Don't use FB, but YouTube has always been a PITA on my iPad 2 and iPod Touch 5. Vimeo works great, so I have to wonder about YouTube.

6. NashMan2 macrumors regular

My ipad2 and ipad3 are also very slow with ios8. My ipad3 freezes almost every night, several times. Updating apps seems a big cause of the freezes.
    Ordered the ipad air 2.

7. mgs315 macrumors member

My iPad 2 is fine. Did you do a fresh install? (FWIW I didn't but it works great anyway).