Is buying an iPad now wise?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TSE, Jul 28, 2011.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

I am going to be a freshman in college this year and am going to buy an iMac.

I don't need a portable device, but would like one since I will be about a 25 minute walk away from campus so I don't want to keep on going back and forth between classes. I also don't want to lug around a MacBook Pro.

Is it wise to buy an iPad now? Or do you think I could buy one now and sell it before the new ones come out and lose ~$50?

Also, another question is, is my iTunes library is bigger than 16 GBs, but I don't necessarily have the money for a 32 GB iPad. Is there a way to store my music on the internet? Is that what the iCloud is? Is it free?

2. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

you would lose more than $50 on resale even if a new model never came out. iCloud, if i understand correctly, will make any purchases through iTunes available to you for free. imatch will store any ripped music or music purchased elsewhere that is available through iTunes, in your cloud for $24.99 a year.

i have a 80GB music library along with almost 2TB of video. i have smart playlists that limit audio to about 4GB and video to 10GB. that is more than sufficient for a good variety.

3. Daforce macrumors newbie

he said everything you need to know..
    also consider buying an iPad 1 32GB model if cameras aren't an issue..its a great device still and the price of the 32GB model is lower than the 16GB iPad 2 one