Is callgear.com legit

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by From A Buick 8, Nov 20, 2012.

1. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

Anyone of you good folks purchased anything from Callgear.com They seem to have good prices ( compared to buying from apple store), i just ordered one of the lightning to 30 pin adapter cable, their price was $18.99

2. network305 macrumors newbie

no they are a fake site I made the mistake of ordering an adapter from them last month & never got it. They kept sending me a fake tracking order for USPS that never showed a package. I wound up filing a claim with my credit card & got my money back. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM

3. From A Buick 8 thread starter macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

DOH !!! I already have, I will let it ride and see what happens, kind of thought it might be too good a deal.

4. network305 macrumors newbie

best of luck to you if I would contact my credit card or bank right away.

5. Jeffffff macrumors newbie

Got my 30 pin to lightning adapter yesterday. It no workee :( Cheap Chinese crap. The one from Apple costs over double but is good Chinese crap. It did charge on the car dock but got warm. And transmitted no data.

6. From A Buick 8 thread starter macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

I received mine today, it looks good but have not tried it yet.

7. From A Buick 8 thread starter macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

I bought this to work with a proclip mount. The proclip mount is designed to use the apple lightning to 30pin adapter (.2m), as you may know the lightning plug on the apple adapter is different then the standard lightning plug.

The proclip mount is designed to work with the apple adapter, this cheap adapter i bought does not work on the proclip mount. I am betting that they modeled the lightning plug after the one on the standard lighting cable and not the adapter.

8. From A Buick 8 thread starter macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

The dust has cleard, i am now using my new 5. I am using the lightning to 30 pin adapter cable i received from callGear at work to charge my phone when it has seen heavy use during the day.

When i plug in this "cheap" adapter the screen on the iPhone becomes very unresponsive. It charges but i am not able to use my phone while it is connected.

9. Tartine macrumors newbie

Scam

They are awful. DO NOT purchase from them. I made the mistake of ordering the 30-pin Lightning Adapter for the iPhone 5 and it does not work on my Bose SoundDock. I checked with Bose and that is the specific adapter they recommend. The phone was not in a protective sleeve, was completely free and the mount on the Bose was fine. However, no music comes out of the Bose.

It also barely BARELY works in the USB car charger I had bought due to the new pin (btw, thanks Apple, that has been a lot of fun for me, trying to figure out how to make all my peripherals work with the danged 5)

I sent CallGear a letter asking what was up... no reply... I should have known it was a scam because before I purchased the adapter, I had sent them an email, way back in November, asking if the iPhone 5 Lightning to 30-pin Adapter was a genuine Apple product. Never got a reply. That should have been my hint to NOT ORDER.

I sent one final letter today and don't expect a reply. Their web site says they reply to emails every day... they don't.

AVOID CALL GEAR LIKE THE PLAGUE.

10. wxman2003 Suspended

What? A Chinese company selling poorly built knock offs? I'm shocked!