Is Canon LBP-3000 compatible with Airport Extreme?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mrun, Oct 27, 2010.

1. mrun macrumors newbie

When I send a file from my XP workstation to the Canon LBP-3000 printer connected to my Airport Extreme Base Station I get the following XP Incorrect port message: "The port to which the printer is connected is not supported. Check the port."

I am trying to use a Canon LBP-3000 printer that is connected to the USB port on my Airport Extreme Base Station from a computer running Windows XP. The AEB is connected to an ethernet port on the same XP computer.

I have installed the latest LBP-3000 printer driver from the Canon .au website.

The TCP/IP port settings have been set up as follows:

Port name: IP_10.0.1.1
    IP address: 10.0.1.1
    Protocol: Raw
    Raw settings port no: 9100

Note that the printer works normally when connected as a local printer via a USB port on the XP host.

I am running Windows XP Home version 2002 SP3
    The printer driver is titled "Canon Advanced Printing Technology for Canon LBP3000 R1.12 Ver.3.02.0.005 (Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003/Vista)"

The AEB firmware version is 7.5.1

Note that I am able to print via the AEB/USB to my Epson Stylus printer using the exact same setup as above (except for the printer driver).

I have wasted days of effort on this so far. Any suggestions to get my Canon printer working will be most appreciated.

2. gsahli macrumors 6502a

gsahli

Do you mean you have two printers connected to the AEBS via a hub?
    If I'm correct, you would need to use Bonjour for Windows to print then, because there is no other way to differentiate two printers. (Port 9100 can only refer to one printer.)

3. mrun thread starter macrumors newbie

I have only tried one printer at a time attached to the AEB. The Epson Stylus worked OK, but the Canon LBP-3000 gives a port error message.