Is Chrome refreshed for Lion?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Faux Carnival, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Faux Carnival macrumors 6502a

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Use Chrome Canary (Google will lead you to a result, obviously). It's the development version, which contains the full screen mode, two-finger scroll to go back/forward, and some other Lion enhancements. I've been using it since I got Lion, it works quite well.

jW

3. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

The version that came out yesterday also has those enhancements.

4. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

So yea the new stable version came out yesterday and it's pretty buggy with fullscreen mode. I cant get to my tabs once it's in fullscreen it stays hidden after couple minutes in that mode. :rolleyes: So that how u call it stable google? lame.

5. Benz63amg macrumors 68000

Benz63amg

Not true, i installed the new version yesterday(14) and it doesnt have the two finger swipe, or is it there and im not seeing it? because right now two finger swipe swipes between spaces of the mac.

does it need to be enabled?

6. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

2 gestures swap left and right does not have the same UI effect like on Safari if it's that what u meant. But it still does the job back and forward.

7. Benz63amg macrumors 68000

Benz63amg

i dont want the same UI effect like on safari, i just want it to go back and forth with the 2 finger swipe left or right with my Magic Mouse, it doesnt do that, when i swipe with 2 fingers the whole mac's screen is moving (changing spaces or to the dashboard)

how do i enable chrome to go back and forth between pages with 2 finger swipe?

8. wilfried macrumors member

My Google Chrome does now have full screen mode. However, swiping on a Magic Mouse doesn't work; I just tried. It should be single finger left and right to page back and forwards to match Safari, but nothing happens. Two finger swipe moves between desktops.

I use BetterTouchTool, and can set up single finger left and right to move between pages, but Chrome won't do it natively. Am I missing something?

9. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

Mission nothing. for one finger swipe, you need Chrome Dev.

10. pazz macrumors regular

11. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

In my experience Chrome is far better than any other browser, and I run nearly all of them on my Mac.

Second in terms of speed is Opera. The latest rev is really great.

Still Chrome finally has really great extensions, much more useful than those on Firefox which used to be my favorite.

12. derbothaus macrumors 601

derbothaus

'cept for the constant crashing and VERY limited extensions. It is great. Fo me it is slower than webkit nightly's.