Is clean app the best or is ther better.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by msarway, May 26, 2009.

1. msarway macrumors 6502

msarway

i use clean app to maintain files on my system. i use it most when i delete a file or app it then will delete all the files that are assosiated with it. i also look use it so i can see old or unused files and clean lok and cash files. anyway i was wondering if there is better app or should i just stay with this one.

2. MAC-PRO-DEMON macrumors 6502a

MAC-PRO-DEMON

For the old and unused files I use either OmniDiskSweeper (Free!!) or DaisyDisk ($20)...

For the deleting apps.... I use AppCleaner (Free!!!)...

3. Chase R macrumors 65816

Chase R

I use AppZapper... It's always worked great for me.

4. Jethryn Freyman macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

I like AppZapper better.

Neither completely clean out some programs, though.

5. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

AppZapper and AppCleaner are essentially the same application, right down to the GUI. I don't find AppZapper to be any better than AppCleaner, so I don't know why anyone would buy AppZapper.

6. MAC-PRO-DEMON macrumors 6502a

MAC-PRO-DEMON

Unless of course they got it on MacHeist... or shock of all shocks Pirated it!!

7. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Right, I forgot it was part of MacHeist. So I guess I don't know why anyone would buy it outright and not as part of a bundle.

8. MAC-PRO-DEMON macrumors 6502a

MAC-PRO-DEMON

Probhably because most new Mac users aren't accustomed to finding cool software... And they will probhably search YouTube for something like this - "Delete App Mac" and then get that as their first result...

And guess what!! It's AppZapper...

I got it in MacHeist 2... along with these other apps -1Password, CoverSutra, Cha-Ching, iStopMotion, Tiki Magic Mini Golf, Wingnuts 2, Awaken, TaskPaper, Speed Download 4, CSSEdit, Snapz Pro X, Pixelmator with VectorDesigner...

But I don't know about most other people... they probably hear about that one and then just use it even when there are much better alternatives...

9. msarway thread starter macrumors 6502

msarway

i did a compare of appzapper and appcleaner and yes they are the same almost. but appcleaner did a better job i used the same file for both and appcleaner picked up more files then appzapper. i dont know why. just fyi.

10. MAC-PRO-DEMON macrumors 6502a

MAC-PRO-DEMON

As I said in a previous post... I find it better to.. AppZapper hasn't been updated in an age

11. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

I've used Appcleaner and Appzapper ; they do the same thing. Appcleaner is free though. Clean app runs in the background hogging resources... but I'm sure thats not a problem for everyone. I use Appcleaner.