Resolved Is Clean My Mac worth it?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jwolf6589, Mar 26, 2016.

1. jwolf6589 macrumors 6502a

jwolf6589

Is this app worth it or is it garbage like MacKeeper?

2. CoastalOR macrumors 68000

CoastalOR

No.

Is this another Troll thread like your MacKeeper thread? Have you even attempted to do research on "Clean My Mac" with a internet search? What are you trying to do?

IMO, it is wasted money ($39.95) for the cost of "Clean My Mac" when Onyx does similar tasks. I believe it is safer than MacKeeper, but then I do not pay money for any of this crap. Take a look at Onyx (free).

3. jwolf6589 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jwolf6589

I have no idea what the program is or what it does and why I came here. Internet searches often reveal allot of false information.

4. LiveM macrumors 6502a

LiveM

If it's the one by the developer of Gemini, I believe it's fine. I use Dr Cleaner which is a lifesaver as without it my hard drive just fills up with Adobe's crap files, ad infinitum. Dr Cleaner is free. Both have nice interfaces.

I use Gemini for duplcates and it has so far cleaned up about 5TB of copies, even where the created date different.

5. Partron22 macrumors 68000

Partron22

I see they're selling 7200rpm 1TB internal HD's for under $50 now.
    Why mess with pruning System files when you can up the access speed substantially for just a few dollars more?

6. TMRJIJ macrumors 68020

TMRJIJ

It is definitely not like the malware infest MacKeeper. However, most if not all of it's features can easily be done manually or using Onyx. Do not waste your money on it.

7. jwolf6589 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jwolf6589

I will delete the app. Thanks for the tips.