Is clean restore possible from iOS 8.4 to iOS 8.4?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Drago9003, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Drago9003 macrumors newbie

There were some problem with my jailbroken iPhone 6 and I had to delete Cydia substrate, now when I try reinstalling Cydia substrate the TaiG jailbreak tweak thing automatically comes into the remove part of the queue, and even if I press continue and try installing substrate alongside the TaiG remove package it shows red text when it tries doing the task of removing the TaiG tweak. But I still have ifile and icleaner for some reason. So if there's nothing else to do I was wondering if restoring to iOS 8.4 was an option with me being on it(even though I know they've stopped signing it). I've already tried what others have tried helping me to do like trying Cydia impactor, which couldn't even be downloaded due to it not allowing anything to be downloaded, I've tried rejailbreaking which did nothing and tried installing deb. Files of cydia substrate/impactor. Please someone help me,i really don't like being stuck in this semi jailbroken state.

2. chrfr macrumors 603

The only restore you can do is to 8.4.1.

3. Will22, Sep 4, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2015

Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

You should have posted this in the jailbreak forum. Maybe a mod could move it. I will report it so they can see it needs to be moved.

Thanks to the mod for moving.

4. simplydat macrumors member

5. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76