Is cleaning my iPhone's screen with my hand bad?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rodetrip, Feb 26, 2014.

1. rodetrip macrumors member

rodetrip

I have the iPhone 5s and i dont have a screen protection. I dont like them. I have been cleaning my screen with my hand, palm of my hand and sometimes the side of my hand. i refuse to clean it with my shirt or any other kind of fabric.. ive only had this phone for about 2 months now. and i am already seeing little tiny scratches. so is this bad? do u think this is caused by my hand?

2. Curun macrumors 6502

Curun

If you have grit on your display, I can imagine this. Try a damp cloth from now on.

3. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

4. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

yeah the rough contact causes micro-dermabrations look it up.

5. rodetrip thread starter macrumors member

rodetrip

thank u guys for ur help. ive always cleaned my screens with damp fabrics, and i was never into carrying micro fiber cloths on me everywhere i go. hmmm

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I don't see how your hand can clean the screen. Mine only introduces more smudges.

Anyways I don't think those micro scratches will affect the operation of your phone or is it likely you'll notice them in use.

7. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

I've never been a fan of screen protectors too. But I was curious to see what's new out there. I saw a couple reviews and decided to go with iLoome Flex. It's pretty cool. A lot of my friends are shocked to find that I have a screen protector on.

http://www.amazon.com/iloome-Screen...d=1393480436&sr=1-2&keywords=iloome+iphone+5s

I've also been using iKlear cleaner for about 5yrs.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0023WU6OI...UTF8&colid=KZMSXMDAYJWV&coliid=I1SLSENCGZJGED

I don't why people would spend all that money and not keep their gadget clean.

8. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I tried going without a screen protector for awhile and when I did I wiped it on my shirt. For a stubborn smudge I'd use a Kleenex, err, facial tissue.