Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dozerrox

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 23, 2009
Exeter
Now GPU accelerated flash is here, do you think that ClickToFlash will still be necessary to get decent battery life when browsing? Or should the battery life be much improved with the new Flash install?

Rubydoppler

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2010
USA
Now GPU accelerated flash is here, do you think that ClickToFlash will still be necessary to get decent battery life when browsing? Or should the battery life be much improved with the new Flash install?

Dunno about battery life, but playback was buttery smooth on my Rig (see sig) after I grabbed the update this morning. 1080p had no stutters, as opposed to one every 30 seconds.

lionheartednyhc

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2009
no flash > flash whether its hardware or software accelerated. Plus ads are just as annoying with hardware acceleration.

Click to flash aint going anywhere..

Dozerrox

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 23, 2009
Exeter
Yeah, mine's smooth as well. I haven't ever had problems with the discrete, but the Intel didn't like full screen so much.

More interested in the battery life though really :D.

lionheartednyhc - Yeah I guess. No harm leaving it installed. I use the adblock safari plugin so I don't really have ads anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.