Is Colloquy/ColloQ Gone? Need IRC

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by meagain, Dec 24, 2008.

1. meagain macrumors 68030

I've been searching and can't for the life of me figure out where Colloquy or ColloQ has gone. Is it only available through Installer? I don't have Installer on my phone and can't figure out why I can't find it to load either.

Am I missing something? Is Colloquy still available? If not, is there another decent IRC app I can load?

2. janey macrumors 603

janey

(disclaimer: i'm a colloquy project contributor)

Colloquy (if you are talking about http://code.google.com/p/mcolloquy/) has been submitted to the app store earlier this week, but we have no timeframe on when it will be approved by apple. Check out the google code site, it'll have a more up-to-date link you can look at for more info.

colloq, to the best of my knowledge, has started up 2.x development again, but you'll have to contact that developer to find out more.

If you're looking for other IRC clients and can't possibly wait for Colloquy, I'd recommend Rooms next (and not because this is Chat Core based, sharing the same core as Colloquy, but because it truly isn't bad), and then maybe LimeChat. There's IRChon which is free but ad supported, and a whole slew of clients for Japanese speakers.