Is cydia still saving shshs?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by The Highlander, Apr 5, 2011.

1. The Highlander macrumors 6502

Just wondering, although everyone says that the first page is cached, but, it didn't save my 4.3.0. I am wondering if it has saved 4.3.1. I am going to use TU right now though.

2. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Saved SHSH's won't show up immediately; it takes some time to show up on the first page.

3. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

I don't think they are updating the cydia page at all anymore, neither of my devices show 4.3.1 yet.

They are saving SHSH still though, just look with tinyumbrella and you can see them and save them yourself.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

As stated, it takes time for them to show up.

5. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

It doesn't take weeks/months to update a web page, something is broken in the background in showing what is actually cached. Which is fine as long as the actual saving of the SHSH keeps going which appears to be the case at the moment.

6. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Use tiny umbrella and you'll know every blob you have saved. It's instant gratification. :)

7. bripab007 macrumors 6502a

No, it may not take weeks/months to update a web page, but it very well can take weeks/months for Cydias servers to go through its waiting list of iPhone SHSHs waiting to be cached from Apple's servers...this is especially true after a new JB comes out, when there's an influx of new JB users/phones.

This is why everyone should just use TinyUmbrella so you get the instant gratification of getting your SHSH files saved locally to your computer immediately and you get on Cydia's SHSH-caching waiting list.