Is display quality an issue with the 6S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheBrokenBee, Dec 13, 2016.

1. TheBrokenBee macrumors regular

TheBrokenBee

So I've recently had to exchange my device due to a receiver problem. THe receive had stopped working and they give me a replacement. The first two replacements had dead pixels in the centre. One had a fairly bright spot too the size of a pencil rubber. The technician saw it immediately and replaced the phone.

My fourth phone now doesn't have any dead pixels and otherwise seems to be functional. I noticed that the right side of the display has a slight pink tint to it than the left side. I noticed it while reading emails. I've attached the photo of the display with a white screen.

I dont want to play the lottery anymore but I cant really unsee the damn difference anymore. :(

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

No such thing as a perfect LCD screen.

You can drive yourself crazy looking.

Best of luck to you if everything "needs" to be perfect.

3. TheBrokenBee thread starter macrumors regular

TheBrokenBee

I guess you are right. I just noticed the color disparity while reading emails. I wasnt really nitpicking.

4. imagineadam macrumors 6502a

Same thing on my iPhone 7. Pinkish tint on the top half. LCD bleed on the bottom with a brighter line that spreads across home button. After nearly driving my self insane with going though multiple replacements on my iPhone 6 looking for a uniform screen, I've learned my lesson and have just kept my first iPhone 7 in fear of getting a worse one. Just like Newtons Apple says. No perfect LCD screen.

5. TheBrokenBee thread starter macrumors regular

TheBrokenBee

I actually wasnt trying to look for any uniformity issues here. It just popped out. I guess I'll live with it.

6. GrumpyMom macrumors 603

GrumpyMom

My HTC 10 display is pretty flawless through most of the viewing area with just the barest shading to a very slightly more beige color at the very bottom edge of the display. I don't know who makes the display. It's QHD with 564 ppi. So I don't think LCD displays necessarily have to be prone to glaring flaws. Some HTC 10s were said to have a pink hue but that seems to have been confined to one display maker and HTC must not be using them anymore because the complaints died out quite some time ago.

My 6S Plus screen is evenly tinted with a nice white hue but does have little shadows here and there from something around or under the display, and from what I've read that's typical for this phone. They are extremely hard to see, though. You really have to be looking for them. There is nothing like these little shadows on my HTC display. I think the 3D Touch feature might make it harder for Apple to get perfect LCD displays. Or maybe they source from a supplier that's not as precise.

7. TheBrokenBee thread starter macrumors regular

TheBrokenBee

I suppose 3D has a lot to do with how it has affected the uniformity of LCD displays.

8. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

By trading into another iPhone you know you could find worst. When Apple converts to OLED we will see better screens.