Is doing a restore from backup the only way to recover game data?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by JoJoCal19, Jul 20, 2010.

1. JoJoCal19 macrumors 65816

JoJoCal19

I just got a replacement iPhone 4 and I was not wanting to do a restore however when I sync my apps back, is doing a restore the only way to recover game save data?

2. uaecasher macrumors 65816

uaecasher

pretty much

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Yep. It sucks that Apple hasn't enabled this stuff to be synced.

4. JoJoCal19 thread starter macrumors 65816

JoJoCal19

Thanks guys. I was hoping there was some kind of backdoor.

Have any of you done backup/restores with your iPhone 4? My replacement does not have any prox-sensor issues (my original one didn't either) and I have heard restoring could be a cause for them.

*On a completely unrelated note the black color on my replacement is definitely not as dark as my original. Sitting here at work I can clearly see my prox sensor and the black is not as deep as it was before. I looked and looked at the old one before heading off to the Apple store and could not make out the prox sensor. 83027 here.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

The darker it was the more it maybe effected the prox sensor and thats prob why they changed it and you can see the sensor easier now.
    I'd rather have a lighter black and the prox sensor work fine though.

6. JoJoCal19 thread starter macrumors 65816

JoJoCal19

Yea and I'm not even that picky to care. As long as there are no major defects or noticeable defects I'm good. I love this phone. As much as I like Android, I just can't see myself using anything but the iPhone 4.