Is dropping iPhone 6 on concrete in Apple leather case from knee level damaging?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Starfyre, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

Does dropping an iPhone 6 onto concrete landing on the leather back of the casing damage the phone at all? Do any parts internally come loose or risk damage? even though the device itself didnt come in direct contact with the ground?

2. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

If the phone works fine you probably didn't loosen anything inside. There isn't a whole lot of room inside for things to go anyway.

When I had my green leather case I got hit by a car while running (it was minor, rolled over the hood) and the phone went flying. Case was pretty banged up and so was my knee and hand but the phone came out without a scratch. Used it for about nine months after that no problems.

3. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

4. Starfyre thread starter macrumors 68030

Starfyre

5. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

That would have been relevant info in the op lol. I presume you didn't hear this before? I know some people can have loose camera parts as well as buttons.

6. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Make sure you're on a different surface (like a hardwood floor) when you shake it lest it slips out of your hand so you can create another thread, this time the hardwood floor.

7. newellj, Dec 3, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2014

newellj macrumors 601

If you can hear a rattle, you are in danger even if it is functioning perfectly. Do not use the phone. Disable Find My iPhone and send it to me immediately.

Seriously, if you are dropping the phone this much, you should either put it in an Otterbox Defender or get a more robust, less expensive phone (really).

8. Ibaorus macrumors member

If you are worried about dropping your phone, I think you should invest in something other than leather case ? Maybe Spigen Tough Armor ?

9. IFRIT macrumors 6502a