Is DVDSP (or Compressor) faster than iDVD?

sigamy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 7, 2003
NJ USA
I was lucky enough to cross-grade from Soundtrack Pro to the entire Final Cut Studio. So now I have all these great apps. I typically create DVDs with iDVD. I just upgraded to a 2.16Ghz Core 2 Duo iMac. My first test showed 1 hour 15 minutes to create a disk image of a 45 minute movie with 3 motion menus.

While I'm happy with this performance, I'm wondering if DVDSP or Compressor would encode faster than iDVD?

Danksi

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2005
Nelson, BC. Canada
sigamy said:
I was lucky enough to cross-grade from Soundtrack Pro to the entire Final Cut Studio. So now I have all these great apps. I typically create DVDs with iDVD. I just upgraded to a 2.16Ghz Core 2 Duo iMac. My first test showed 1 hour 15 minutes to create a disk image of a 45 minute movie with 3 motion menus.

While I'm happy with this performance, I'm wondering if DVDSP or Compressor would encode faster than iDVD?
Not sure if it's faster, but DVDSP should give you greater control and flexibility.

faustfire

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
California
Use compressor or DVDSPro, the encoding quality is miles ahead of iDVD. Even if it takes longer, the increase in quality is more than worth it.:)