Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleJuiceBox

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2015
Just curious to know if those if did not by a watch that came with a sport band are planing on buying one or already ordered one? Do you guys see it as a necessity?

I mean the sport band is the one who is waterproof, sweat proof..

If I bought a no sport band SS, I'm pretty sure I would have ordered an additional sport band

StoneCold X

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2015
I bought a 42 mm SS Milanese, and after my watch order went through, I ordered the black sport band.

The watch will be delivered today, and the band is still processing with a delivery windows of 4/29-5/12

bevbrown42

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2015
I ordered all the sport bands except black on launch day when I ordered the MYTHICAL ss, black mod buckle.

Back then I could imagine dressing for work and delightedly matching my watch to my outfit.

*sob*

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
I have brought the SS with blue leather loop and 2 sport bands (one white and one black) i'm still waiting for them to ship :( considering i pre-ordered on the 10th and still stuck on processing.

I may buy more bands at a later date such as the blue sport band. I hope :apple: release more sport bands in different colours.

H3rman

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2015
I bought the black sports band with space grey pin to match my SS Space Black :apple: Watch when going for runs.

pirategrad

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2011
Austin, Texas
I bought a 42 mm SS Milanese, and after my watch order went through, I ordered the black sport band.

The watch will be delivered today, and the band is still processing with a delivery windows of 4/29-5/12

Same for me but I got my 42 SS Milanese last Friday and still no Sport Band. I posted elsewhere that I got a CC authorization from the Apple Online Store on Tuesday for the cost of a sport band and tax. Status still shows "Processing".:confused:

susan12369

macrumors 6502
Apr 20, 2015
I have 33mm SS Milanese. I have not yet ordered an sports bands. If they come out with red, then I may buy one of those.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
Same here. I have a 42mm SS Milanese and will get a red sports band if it ever comes out.

I really hope they release more bands over time, I think it could be a very good money spinner for Apple along with watch faces.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I purposely preordered my SS :apple:Watch with a black sport band as I knew I would want one for everyday use and didn't want to be in the position of having to wait for it and use what ever other band I got with it in the mean time. I've preordered both the blue leather loop and the Milanese loop as additional bands but they are still in limbo with no definite ship date yet.

riotrhythm

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2015
Ordered a white sport band and a blue sport band. Plan to get a lot more of them if they ever release those beautiful new colors

Pratsmahon

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2015
London, England
I will probably get one, just to wear for casual wear when out and about. I bought my watch with the milanese loop but waiting for it to come still :( bought the milanese loop because it's stylish, looks like a proper watch. Sport band would be used when I'm at the gym and stuff

Sodner

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Planning? Yes!

But when will Apple have stock to ship???????

Once I get one (I have three ordered: white, black & blue) I expect I may use them most often since I want to wear the watch at the gym. I'll probably end up only switching to leather for formal occasions.

cforster

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2013
Missouri USA
I purposely preordered my SS :apple:Watch with a black sport band as I knew I would want one for everyday use and didn't want to be in the position of having to wait for it and use what ever other band I got with it in the mean time. I've preordered both the blue leather loop and the Milanese loop as additional bands but they are still in limbo with no definite ship date yet.

Same orders, same reasons. Only I also ordered a another green sport band.

I'm super excited for the Milanese band to arrive.

Ctguy

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2010
I have ss with Milanese band, ordered white sport band on 4.18 still prosessing.

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Got my 42mm SS Milanese on launch day, but the black sport band I ordered at the same time has not yet shipped. :(

LiemTa

Suspended
Jun 2, 2014
I think anyone who plans to do any exercising should have a sport band or an equivalent 3rd party band.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.