Is everybody's Apple Watch still performing well after 2.2.1?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by shenfrey, May 21, 2016.

1. shenfrey macrumors 68000

Just a bit paranoid because you hear all these rumours about planned obsolesce, and then all of a sudden apple releases an update with no details on what it does and at at time when a potential apple watch 2 is announced.

Is it safe to update? I don't plan on upgrading to an Apple Watch 2 and really don't want a reason to, I like my watch just the way it is currently.

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

I can't speak for everyone but mine is fine. Also exactly how does this 'tinfoil hat' planed obsolescence crackpot theory work when there is NO replacement and only the current model available?:eek:

[​IMG]

3. Zirel Suspended

Zirel

It has small bug fixes.

Otherwise it's like 2.2. Apple doesn't do planned absolecene with software updates. Why would they do that? If you are dissatisfied, you'll probably would pick an Android, and that's bad for them.

4. naasrd macrumors 6502

naasrd

"...all theses rumours..." Dude you're listening to some oafs.

5. IphoneIssues macrumors 65816

Apple isn't going to make the watch obsolete just like that. From what I've seen, that's not what they'd do.

6. daijholt macrumors 6502a

daijholt

Seems to be running much smoother for me. Whatever bug fixes they added, it reduced a lot of lag on my watch.

7. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

"Oaf" is an underused word these days.

8. gigaguy macrumors 65816

On both 2.2.1 Watches I can no longer have a Photo for the Photo watch face. The Photo Album face works fine, but the single Photo face does not bring up any options or even a Customize menu anymore, just a blank face with time on it, same on both my watches on 2.2.1. something broke in 2.2.1?

9. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

My Apple watch is pretty much broken after this update, bluetooth keeps constantly disconnecting and the health data and the activity data hasn't synced with my iPhone for two days, I doubt message and call notification work outside my home wifi :(

10. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Unpair and repair?

OP: No issues here on 2.2.1. I had issues with 2.2, but all seem to have been solved. Don't listen to the nonsense of planned obsolesce. Its just complete nonsense. As new software comes out and old hardware gets those software updates, its only natural for the old hardware to begin to slow down. Apple is not intentionally slowing down your older hardware.

11. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

Already tried that, I'm really frustrated. It's kind of weird because my iPhone has a really recent backup of the Apple watch but it's unable to get simple data such as my activity/health data.

12. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I had this issue on 2.2, not 2.2.1. I restored my iPhone as new and only kept my health data, and restore my watch as new.

13. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

I'm backing up my iPhone as we speak in order to restore it, I hope stuff will get fixed without having to restore it as new.

14. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

If you are doing an iTunes backup, make sure its encrypted.

I would unpair your watch. Then make the backup. Restore the device, restore the backup and then repair your watch from the backup you created before restoring your iPhone.

15. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

My watch is fine. Why would they release something bad? Lol

16. Benjamin Frost Suspended

Benjamin Frost

I would be more worried about the planned obsolescence of the Apple Watch itself.

17. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Electronic devices don't require any type planning to become obsolete. Nor is any planning waisted on such a frivolous and inevitable cause. All planning money/energy/efforts are used to improve/enhance and prefect the next version which by its very nature serves to obsolete and legacy past products.

18. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

Pff went through all that and it didn't work, at least it stopped working from the beginning, not after 2 days...