Is everyone as picky as me with screen protectors?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mrskullfreak, Feb 3, 2012.

1. mrskullfreak macrumors 6502a

mrskullfreak

Well I just installed my first screen protector.
    It has 1 imperfection in it and its driving me nuts Lol.

2. bigsexyy81 macrumors 6502a

bigsexyy81

Yes. I can't stand them. I haven't used one in over 3 years on my 3G, 4, and 4S.

3. Boston Rhett macrumors regular

If it's dust and if your screen protector's adhesive is static-cling, it's easily removable. Take some scotch tape, press it to a corner of the screen protector, and lift it up (don't "pick" it up with your finger or a toothpick or something, as this will probably damage the screen). Then take another piece of scotch tape and press it to the dust. The tape should fix that right up without getting fingerprints and oils all over the inside of the screen. Then all you have to do is lay it back down and rub out any air bubbles.

But if it's a matter of the shield being crooked, well nothing'll fix that but a re-do.

4. JMies419 macrumors 6502

I am crazy picky about screen protectors, have tried and removed many brands. I installed the power support crystal front and back set on my iphone 4s about an hour ago and let me tell you...perfect. Awesome screen protectors.

5. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

I'm very OCD about this. I will order 15 ebay ones and use 11 of them to get ONE right.

6. mrskullfreak thread starter macrumors 6502a

mrskullfreak

lol thats a good one.

----------

thx gonna try it now.

7. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

it's worth mentioning that the shower/mist trick seems to work well for me. Go in your bathroom and turn the shower on hot. The steam in the air takes the dust particles out of the air and you're less prone to getting them stuck between your phone and your screen protector.

Try it!