Is everyone having alert sound problems?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by michael31986, Jul 25, 2008.

1. michael31986 macrumors 68030

is it all 3g phones having alert problems. I still have the text alert working on and off

2. DJTJ macrumors regular

3. csupinski macrumors member

csupinski

Don't feel alone, I have the same problem sometimes. For example; yesterday I got a text message and it audibly informed me, a few text messages later I noticed that the screen would light up and tell me I got a text and even vibrate but no sound? It's a little flaky! I am going to post feedback to Apple with this problem.

I would also suggest that anyone who is having problems with their iPhone to inform Apple via their feedback form at http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

4. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

i think its all the 3G phones, it has to do with the firmware, but im just worried that its hardware, but it shouldn't be.

5. toxthexnines macrumors regular

toxthexnines

Mine was doing that, restored it and its working fine now.

Waiting on the next firmware update. :rolleyes:

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Well I updated my 1G iPhone to 2.0 on July 11th. I haven't had any problems with alert sounds.

7. AGEC2008 macrumors member

Still does it

So the new update has been out and I assume most everyone has updated. I have updated and still have the alert sound issues. Anyone else have comments? :confused: :confused:

8. Hutch1 macrumors 6502a

Hutch1

Never had any alert sound problems with my 3G iPhone either, works fine and always has.

9. seedster2 macrumors 6502a

Funny you bring that up. I had similar issues and was given a replacement at the Genius Bar.

They went through a full restore and the problem persisted. I was given a new phone and I have yet to update it 2.0.1

10. AGEC2008 macrumors member

Well, doing a restore solves this issue for the time being, but the problem always come back. I don't live close to an apple store so I have a feeling when I go, they will reset it and it will work for them right then.