Is exchanging the touch at BB easy?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by hatcher146, Sep 23, 2007.

1. hatcher146 macrumors 6502

i know there have been threads about this already but i wanted to post one to get another firm answer.

i have a week 37 touch that i got from Best Buy friday.

its great, except it has a slight negative screen effect. thats the only problem with it.

when i go into BB to exchange will it be as easy as returning mine and them giving me a new one? or will they ask to see whats wrong with it? what else will they ask?

if anyone could answer it would be greatly appreciated! thanks.

2. Affe macrumors member

Here is a past experience from me:

I bought a iPod nano from Best Buy, there was a problem with it, and I went to go exchange it. They said there wasn't a problem, so I couldn't exchange it, but they said I could just return and buy it again.

So, if it is defective, they will actually exchange it, but you should be able to return it for full price for any reason within the 14 or 30 days (can't remember which).

3. hatcher146 thread starter macrumors 6502

so do you think its better to just return it and get my money back and just buy it later? or exchange it?

4. Mchain44 macrumors newbie

I exchanged mine on Friday for a week 38 at Best Buy and the woman didnt even open the box to check if everything was in it!

5. hatcher146 thread starter macrumors 6502

what did you say when you exchanged it? just that it had a bad screen and you want another one? or what?

thanks!

6. Mchain44 macrumors newbie

I explained the differences between the 37 and 38 to a manager.That was it.I would say it took me no more than 3-5 minutes and I was on my way home.

7. hatcher146 thread starter macrumors 6502

The manager? Was he standing right there or did you request to have him?

Do I need a manager??

8. Mchain44 macrumors newbie

I just happened to see him as I walked in. He was very helpful.

9. hatcher146 thread starter macrumors 6502

ohh. Do you think i'll need to speek to the manager? Or will it be easy?

10. Mchain44 macrumors newbie

What I did was to make sure they had more in stock,so I went in and left the defective one in my car,then told the manager I would be right back and then I brought it in and exchanged it.You have 30 days to return the product.Your receipt shows that.They cant deny a return in this instance.If they dont exchange it,you can still get a refund within the 30 day period.

11. hatcher146 thread starter macrumors 6502

ok. I hope they let me just exchange it, i think they will if i tell them about the sceeen defect. Thanks alot for the help. BTW is your exchanged touch alit better(mine doesnt have the effect that severe, will they ask to see?) msybe ill just clear the memory, haha.

12. Mchain44 macrumors newbie

Mine wasnt that bad either and I did clear mine before I returned it.

13. hatcher146 thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah. thats a good idea. how do you clear everything?

so i should just explain that the week 37's had a defect with the screen and mine was one of them? i think thats all i need to say. i mean if i dont have a video to show them then they wont know. i think they'll exchange and if they dont, like you said i can still get a full refund.

14. Mchain44 macrumors newbie

I explained the difference in screen quality between the two,that was all and there were no questions after that.Good Luck!

15. hatcher146 thread starter macrumors 6502

alright. thanks alot for the help!

16. Hoo03 macrumors regular

Yeah, I can confirm that getting a refund on my week 37 was rather hassle free.

Too bad i bought a week 38 model and now it has a dead pixel center of the screen. Also I still can't make out images when scenes are dark/black. Ugh...

17. hatcher146 thread starter macrumors 6502

that sucks. i think i might wait a couple more weeks ( i have 30 days right) until like week 40's come out and everything is fine with them.

18. Hoo03 macrumors regular

It's kinda partially my own fault for wanting to be an early adopter. Sigh...this time I might go to a different BB to return this thing...I'm quite embarrassed to go back to the same one.

Yeah, I think you do have 30 days return policy but I'm returning mine tomorrow. It's just my own preference to return defective item asap.

Hopefully you won't encounter further problem with your next iPod.

19. tobenning macrumors member

To clear - Settings - General - Reset - Erase all Content and Settings

20. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

lol I think you're freaking out about the situation and thinking about it too much. At this rate you're just going to make yourself look sketch when you get up there to actually return it.

Just tell them the battery doesn't charge all the way, or it gets extremely hot when you use it, and tell them you'd like to exchange it for a week 38.

21. hatcher146 thread starter macrumors 6502

haha yeah your probably right. Those are some good ideas for what to say.