Is Expedited Shipping worth it?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by CrazedMuggle, Sep 3, 2010.

1. CrazedMuggle macrumors newbie

CrazedMuggle

So I'm pre-ordering my new iPod right now and I only have 2 shipping options which are the free one and then expedited. Expedited shipping is $13 more and I was wondering if it's really worth it? Thanks!

2. joe1946 macrumors regular

I paid $10 extra for the EXPEDITED SHIPPING CHARGE at Apple.com for my 64GB iPod Touch and hope that it gets here sooner than the free shipping.

3. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

well you have a hurricane Earl warning, so maybe it could be a good idea to get it a few days after the weather calms... humidity & electrical currents don't mix well w/ electronics :D

what's the difference in shipping time between normal and expedited in Canada? (I assumed since you put Location NS)

4. aethelbert macrumors 601

If they ship from China, which is most likely, then they're all palletized IP freight shipments, making it pointless to pay more.

5. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

I order a lot of Apple products all the way from top of the line MacBook Pros (each refresh) down to smaller purchases like accessories. I've always found that Apple is so fast at processing and shipping orders, there is no need for expedited shipping. Not only that, there have been many occasions when I've selected that option and the total time from order to receipt is the same.

6. CrazedMuggle thread starter macrumors newbie

CrazedMuggle

Well It's too late now, I've selected Expedited shipping :p I hear that it's securer which is good because I'm going to be pre-signing for it...

7. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

Based on ordering both my iPhone 4 and my 2010 MBP on launch day, and contributing to the various "tracker" threads on these forums, it appears Expedited shipping typically gets you your product at least 24 hours sooner than those who don't pay for same.

Up to you as to whether or not thats worth it.

8. DanMacApple macrumors 6502

The free shipping should be fine as why pay extra just to receive it a day or two quicker. Enjoy your purchase!!:D