Is Firefox needed

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Michaelgtrusa, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

Dear members, I heard about the firefox browser, do I really need it and would everyone here suggest it.

2. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

you don't need it you can just use Safari, it's preference i believe, I myself use Firefox..and love it, Safari just doesn't look as pretty IMO;)

3. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

I would get it cause I like FF, but also just in case you run into some website that complains about Safari and asks you to use FF.

4. pit29 macrumors 6502a

pit29

I second that, although I do it the other way round... Using WebKit, and the Mozilla-based Firefox whenever something seems strange (rare cases).

(And strangly, in these rare cases, Camino tends to work better. Since Camino uses Webkit as well, I guess in the end it does not come down to a Webkit / Mozilla issue.)

5. takemore macrumors member

Due to (thou rare) incompatibilities between browsers and web-sites it is good to have a few different browsers. So if something doesn't show up "right" you can use another browser to see if "fault" is on your browser or web-site side. Which is what I do.
    Regarding preferences - I used to be FF user. But I like Safari's search on the current page so much that can't use FF anymore :)

6. DaveF macrumors 6502a

You don't need it; Safari is an excellent browser.

However, I prefer Firefox and never use Safari. Its extensions and tab-management behavior better fit my style.

7. Hmac macrumors 68020

I use Firefox on my Mac Pro and Safari on my MacBook Pro, mainly because I just haven't gotten around to installing Firefox. Safari works fine.

8. Michaelgtrusa thread starter macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

A wealth of help thanx. I know it's free and i'll download it.

9. kjs862 macrumors 65816

kjs862

I never use firefox I do have it on my machine just in case, but I rarely find myself using, almost never.