Is flash storage upgradeable and is retina good?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Bilalo, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Bilalo macrumors 6502

Like the title says is flash storage upgradeable?
    I wanna get rMBP but flash storage cost alot so i wna get 256 and see if i need more ill upgrade to 512, but is tht possible through apple ofcourse?
    Also ive been reading alot of things saying retina display isnt dispalying good graphics but rather blurry ones to apps and things nt made for retina which is the majority, is this true? And if so can i lower the graphics and the resolution in order to make them like the normal MBP non retina to take away the blurriness?

Thank you in advance

2. austinguy23 macrumors 6502a

SSD can only be upgraded by OWC at the moment.

Some non-Retina apps are kinda blurry but only because they pale in comparison to Retinized apps. I wouldn't worry about it. The Retina display is gorgeous.

3. Bilalo thread starter macrumors 6502

I dont really trust 3rd party companies, so i cant upgrade it through apple themselves meaning there could be a consequence or something... Sigh, guess ill just get 512

4. austinguy23 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I'd just order it with 512. OWC is a reputable company though. They send you the SSD stick and screwdriver and you install it yourself by simply following their how-to video - super simple. OWC's drives are a tad faster as well (if memory serves).

5. brentsg macrumors 68040

That's pretty doubtful now that Apple is using the Samsung 830 controller.

6. Bauer24 macrumors regular

Used to be in the older Air's. Not any longer as brentsg mentioned, Apple is using 830 series now.