Is Fleksy better than the Stock Keyboard?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by rodetrip, Sep 20, 2014.

1. rodetrip macrumors regular

rodetrip

I updated my 5s to ios 8 and i was wondering if the fleksy app is worth it? i have no problem with the stock keyboard at all, as a matter of fact, i think im a fast texter, but i have been reading that fleksy is the "fastest keyboard in the world" so i am curious, is it worth it? thanks :)

2. Jigga macrumors 6502

Swiftkey is currently my #1 but Flexy is really cool.
    One of the cons of Swiftkey is that it's huge. Flexy has an option to make the keyboard really small. And with the gestures it's great.

3. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I'm trying really hard to like it because i love the small size. It gives me more real estate on my 4s. I find when the autocorrect works it is quite good but when it doesn't, it takes me quite awhile to fix the mistakes. I guess it takes getting used to but Im not sure I prefer it enough to do that.

4. Shaqq macrumors regular

Shaqq

No Swiftkey and Minnum are both very good and accurate keyboards.

5. AndyK, Sep 20, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2014

AndyK macrumors 65816

AndyK

I'm loving swype since you don't have to allow the dev access to every keystroke.

6. josielinnea macrumors regular

josielinnea

I don't understand that sentence. Come again?

7. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I love Fleksy. I have a hard time whenever I have to enter a password and the normal keyboard pops up. If I have to redo it, I try swiping on it and of course it doesn't work! :D

8. GlideStar macrumors newbie

I tried it and hated using it. It just didn't seem to be half as accurate as Swiftkey or even the iOS 8 keyboard.

I'm definitely in the minority as lots of people think it's great but i just doesn't mesh with my typing style. Which is a shame because it really like the minimalist styling and the increase in screen space.

9. dagdagdag234 macrumors regular

I'm still trying all of them, fleksy swype swiftkey. And I have to admit even though I love the concept of a cool new way to type, I'm not sure any of them are Better than the new Apple keyboard. Fleksy is interesting to look at but I don't see what it does better than the apple keyboard. What are the functions people enjoy about it?

10. AndyK macrumors 65816

AndyK

Drunk replys with predictive text are bad.

11. dweezle3 macrumors regular

dweezle3

Some people are upset that SwiftKey asks for full access to what you type with it in order to enable predictive text and suggest words for you. They're upset that SwiftKey (a very reputable company) is going to steal their credit card information or something of the sort.

As far as I know though, Apple requires that 3rd party keyboards revert to the stock keyboard for entering sensitive information like passwords or credit card numbers, so there's nothing really to worry about.

12. pacorob macrumors 68000

pacorob

I enjoy swiping because it's much quicker typing (if your language is supported by the app). Don't forget to try Touchpal. I've collected a huge list of all keyboard apps here (Dutch post, you can translate it via Google).

I also don't think Fleksy is the keyboard for me. It doesn't have full swype support. It's only a standard keyboard with a few swipe options and quick features which are different from the Apple keyboard.