Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Korfi1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 22, 2023
I recently bought a used USB C 30 W charger and it is a near copy to my Apple bought one. It works but will it ruin my devices?

Attachments

• IMG_3647.jpeg
    IMG_3647.jpeg
    258.4 KB · Views: 125

arw

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2010
From my understanding, Flextronics is just the manufacturer for Apple in this case.
The charger supplied with my MacBook Pro also says 'Flextronics LPS' (bought directly from Apple).
So while I cannot guarantee it's a genuine charger, the imprint 'Flextronics LPS' is definitely not suspicious in any way.

And the print/logo in your picture does not look counterfeit to me (unlike other chargers I've seen).

Last edited:

Korfi1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 22, 2023
From my understanding, Flextronics is just the manufacturer for Apple in this case.
The charger supplied with my MacBook Pro also says Flextronics LPS (bought directly from Apple).
So while I cannot guarantee it's a genuine charger, the imprint 'Flextronics LPS' definitely is not suspicious in any way.

And the print/logo in your picture does not look counterfeit unlike other chargers I've seen.
The print/logo is lighter on the Apple bought version.

arw

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2010
The only way to be 100% certain is to give Apple a call and tell them the serial number.
(If it is not genuine, no one can say with certainty it will or will not damage your device.)

Attachments

• Apple.Charger.Serial.jpg
    Apple.Charger.Serial.jpg
    404.9 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.