Is forza 2 good?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by giganten, Jul 24, 2007.

1. giganten macrumors 6502a

I havnt touch my 360 for months now, I dont know if I should give it another try. I want a good game the I can play for some time, I was thinking about some racing game. Is forza 2 good and can you have fun with it and not get bored at the game fast.

2. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

I'm not a big fan of racing games in general but I hear its very good. PG4 looks amazing from what I have seen so far(who know when its out). If you are hesitant there is the demo on xblm. Personally I cant put money into racing games (except mariokart).

3. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I was disappointed. It didn't 'wow' me like the first one did when I bought it for the xbox. It runs well enough and isn't awful or anything, but to me it was nothing special. Dirt looked and played a lot better imho (even though they are different racing games)

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

It's the only racing sim I enjoy. Great game IMO.

5. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

First non-rally esque racing sim that I've played that I'm good at, I've enjoyed, and I plan on buying. ;)
    [Never played the first Forza though.]

Real time acceleration/braking line arrows FTW :D

I also will be picking up DiRT and Sega Rally Revo (when it's released).

The only question I have is: where is Rallisport Challenge 3? :confused:

6. turnstylez18 macrumors regular

i love forza 2...its the most realistic racing sim ive played...and i love the customization...

7. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1A543a Safari/419.3)

how does it compare to gran turismo?

Like can you race normal everyday cars? Or just super cars? (like in pg3)?

8. steamboat26 macrumors 65816

steamboat26

It's a great game, a lot of cars (not as many as Gran Turismo 4, but still alot), very good customization options, and good graphics (although DiRT's graphics look better). Online play is decent, but very few matches actually race (many are drifting, dragging, and destruction derbies).
    I think it's better than GT because you don't have to waste time getting licenses, and the auction house is really cool, if you have enough money. Also, if you have friends with Forza 2, they can gift you cars, which is good if you don't wanna buy them :D

9. steamboat26 macrumors 65816

steamboat26

You generally use race cars, but you can get some everyday cars.
    For example, you can buy Saleens, Ferraris, Lambos, Porsches, and the like, but you can also get cars like the Scion tC, Chevy Cobalt, Ford Mustang, old Civics, and others like that. No real beaters like the Suzuki from GT, but a nice all around selection (although i find that they feature too many very similar Vipers, Corvettes, and Porsches)

10. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1A543a Safari/419.3)

thanks, I might end up getting that game

11. steamboat26 macrumors 65816

steamboat26

Here's a list of the Forza 2 cars, theres a lot more "regular" cars than i remember.

12. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

thanks for the link. i might have to end up getting this game