Is Front Row finally going to be updated in Leopard?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Mekgek, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Mekgek macrumors member

With the release of iLife '08 I really hoped Front Row would be seriously updated. Unfortunately it didn't happen, maybe in Leopard?

I want to be able to browse all the photo events in Front Row similarly to as how they are displayed now in iPhoto. This would make it so much nicer to browse photo's in Front Row imo.

Also wouldn't it be great if you can browse your albums from iTunes in the same way as you can browse trailers in Front Row. I really don't like coverflow that much but I guess it could also be implemented that way, altough I would prefer the 2d trailer like view.

Any word on whether these kind of features will see the light in Leopard, or are there already changes to front row in the developers seeds?

2. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

I am wondering the same thing

3. rrijkers macrumors 6502

rrijkers

4. sbluetruck macrumors regular

sbluetruck

front row is basically going to be like the :apple:TV in Leopard

5. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Not sure why you'd see iLife '08 as a time to redo Front Row, since Front Row is part of OS X, not iLife

6. d.f macrumors regular

youtube

am hoping for the YouTube channel to come to Front Row 2.0. it's on both the iPhone and ATV. They know it's a good feature as they highlight it in their advertising.

7. CaptainWOW macrumors member

I'm sure they will add a YouTube channel. As you said Apple has incorporated YouTube into the :apple:TV and iPhone, it only makes sense that they would add this feature to Front Row.

Also, other people have said that Front Row 2.0 is basically the UI from the :apple:TV. One can assume that because YouTube is part of the :apple:TV it will be part of Front Row.

8. sbluetruck macrumors regular

sbluetruck

basically, the only difference between your :apple:TV and front row will be the hardware it's on

9. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Well ATV has streaming, and Front row has DVD support

10. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

it's part of FrontRow. You just have to watch a movie with your partner (gf/bf), and make out through the whole movie. It works better if you have people in front of you telling you to shut up :p

11. chelsel macrumors 6502

here's hoping they add something worthwhile to YouTube... everytime I look at YouTube I'm reminded of old episodes of that cheesy show Americas Funniest Home Videos... oh well, I guess it pleases the MySpace generation.

12. thegrifman macrumors regular

I've seen front row on a leopard beta and I was kind of disappointed that they took the transition out when going into it so it no longer shrinks the desktop and brings in front row, it just pops up front row now. Eye candy sure, but I kind of like it, it always makes people go "Ooooh".

13. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

Tell me about it. I love that transition and hope that they add it back in for the final release version of Front Row 2.0.

14. Wayfarer macrumors 65816

Wayfarer

Well OF COURSE they'll throw in transitions in Front Row. It's common sense. Otherwise it'll be feel very unfinished, not to mention very un-Apple. And of course the beta version is going to look unpolished.

15. roger6106 macrumors regular

I read somewhere that the transition is still present. The program the person was using to record just didn't record the transition for some reason.