Is getting an iPhone exchange easy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by seanuhthin, Aug 17, 2010.

1. seanuhthin macrumors member

seanuhthin

First of all, I love this phone. It's worked perfect for what I need as far as email, Facebook, browsing, etc. However, the one issue I have been having is with the virtual shutter. I go into take a picture, and I get this delayed action for nearly 15 seconds, sometimes more! I know this is probably a software issue, so I have done factory reset twice.
    I Get the iOs update, sync songs and such, and it works perfectly. 5 or 6 pictures or camera app openings later, I experience the same issue. What do I do? I know from the genius bar they are just going to factory reset it, try out the camera and tell me its fine, but I know I am going to walk out of there, drive the sub 30 miles home, only to waste gas and figure out it doesn't work again? I have not prepared what I would like to say to them, but how do I let them know this error is delayed?
    I hate this, because it sounds like a scheme to just exchange my phone for a brand new one, which is what I'm doing, only Its for real, I am having a real issue. If you are going to be snoody, or say something mean don't bother, I payed 200 for a functional phone, and thats what I would like. How do I go about this:confused:

2. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

If you're clear about the problem and explain that you have already been through the reset/restore process then unless they have specific knowledge of another troubleshooting approach they should be perfectly gracious about replacing it for you.

3. seanuhthin thread starter macrumors member

seanuhthin

Alright, great. Yeah I see a lot of people trying to cancel contracts and make a profit selling the phone on eBay, I honestly just want an exchange. Love the phone, love apple, just want a usable device. No schemes

4. shamash macrumors 6502a

shamash

I brought my phone in a couple days ago, it was super scratched up and had barely ever left my room since I bought it on opening day. They swapped it out for me and told me where the nearest GhostArmor kiosk was.

5. Solange82200 macrumors regular

What firmware was on the new one they gave you? Was it 4.0.2?

6. seanuhthin thread starter macrumors member

seanuhthin

Do they usually ask for everything back, headphones and all?

7. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

Nope. They'll keep just your phone and give you a new one.

8. Solange82200 macrumors regular

I bit the bullet and went to exchange my iphone 4 due to the fact that the camera lens is scratched up even though my phone has been in case since day one. I showed the guy my receipt showing the case purchase and the phone purchase at the same time, also I fibbed a little bit and said that the phone was dropping calls even with lots of bars. Great news, he exchanged it for me. AND it's still on 4.0.1, i was afraid it would be on 4.0.2. I am a very happy Apple owner

9. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

Not to hijack but Solange82200 have you had proximity sensor issues either before or after your exchange?