Is Getting An iphone right now worth it?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Psyclone07, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Psyclone07 macrumors newbie

I recently sold my ipod touch to my brother and now im thinking of buying the iPhone. I heard something about a 3g iphone being released later but again im not that huge on tech so i have no idea whats the difference. Is buying an iPhone right now worth it? I plan on getting the 8gb than hacking it to work with my tmobile. Is it much harder to hack than the ipod touch? It took a little work for me to do it on the touch but eventually i got it done. In your opinion is it worth it now, or should i wait?

2. chrismac00 macrumors 6502a

Like everyone here says and what I've been told:

If you need it, get it now, if you don't, then don't!

I would get it because for me i really don't care about 3G speeds. EDGE is okay for me. And hacking it to work on other carriers isn't that hard.

3. new-Mac-owner macrumors regular

I agree with the last post it only takes minutes to hack for any carrier,Just make sure you go to apple store if you dont want a contract.And also make sure you bring a credit card.You can read my post about my story on this.:apple:

4. harcosparky macrumors 68020

If it satisfies a need .... buy it.

But dang, if you don't need it I guess waiting would be fine.

5. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

Dont buy it. That way Apple will think its no longer popular and reduce the price so I can buy the next generation much cheaper.:cool: