iPhone Is getting battery replaced worth losing JB?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by steven5224, Sep 16, 2014.

1. steven5224 macrumors newbie

So I have an iPhone 5 and Im eligible for the sleep button replacement and also battery replacement. Since I do have my phone JB, I would have to unjailbreak it for them to fix their recall. Is there any way I can update to the latest firmware, have them replace the items and then downgrade once I get the phone back? Thank you and have a great day!

2. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

You can restore to iOS 7.1.2 and keep it like that, bring it in for repair, and when you get it back, just jailbreak with pangu

You can't downgrade to any version that apple is no longer signing

3. steven5224 thread starter macrumors newbie

How do I restore it? So pretty much back up the phone and then turn it in, once I get it back resort to the most recent back up?

4. some1uDNTknow macrumors regular

some1uDNTknow

Backup your phone and restore it ASAP to a fresh copy of iOS 7.1.2 because as soon as iOS 8 comes out, you will not be able to. (You can backup / restore via iTunes, but I would just use iCloud backup)

You can take in your phone for repair, then just jailbreak it (assuming that it will still be on 7.1.2).

Good luck.

5. ross1998 macrumors 6502a

hurry ios 7.1.2 which is jailbreakable will most likely stop being signed sometime tommorow...

6. janitor3 macrumors regular

On iClarified they're reporting that when IOS 8 is released, Apple will stop signing 7.1.2.

7. steven5224 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for all the help guys! But pangu only JB up to 7.1.1 and the update is 7.1.2 :( so does that mean I can't JB anymore....!?

8. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

don't worry, pangu works for 7.1.2

9. steven5224 thread starter macrumors newbie

Really!?! I went on the website and people are stating different!! :( I'll give it a try I guess and it I loose my JB then...... I can't do it!! Haha I love my unlimited pandora skips and download!!

10. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

If it didn't work on 7.1.2, then I wouldn't be jailbroken on 7.1.2

as a side note, I don't see where on their site says it only works on 7.1.1

it shows 7.1-7.1.x