is geveypro.com a legit site?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ninjaw95, Dec 3, 2011.

1. ninjaw95 macrumors 6502

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Give it a try and report back, I'm curious to know incase someone else asks.

3. Sprucy14 macrumors newbie

Don't purchase from them !
    I purchased on nov 12th, still nothing received.
    nearly no contact with them.
    rude customer service.

4. goldmaster, Dec 4, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2011

goldmaster macrumors newbie

man, you're right
    I ordered on November 17th and after getting no email with confirmation days later, i decided to write them through their 'Contact Us' form, logged in with the registered email and sent them a message through that and finally I sent them an email from my paypal email. All three messages questioned when they were going to actually ship it, why I paid $10 for shipping and I also questioned their 'Shipping & Returns' claim, which they state,
    notice these parts,

"All products listed in stock ship within 24 business hours via USPS, FedEx or Canada Post depending on your location."

and

"Please note, we use a very conservative shipping schedule and often our packages arrive noticably earlier than what's outlined below." (obvious lie)

I got a pretty rude reply by them:
    I had to **** all over them with my own reply but it seems that I will wait another week and by then I will contact PayPal and report them for taking peoples money and not shipping anything.
    My guess is these guys or guy is taking orders, using the money from those orders to do some other type of business and hopes the customers don't start a PayPal dispute until the 45th day or something.

5. ninjaw95 thread starter macrumors 6502

6. Asianxfatty macrumors member

7. Sprucy14 macrumors newbie

I have emailed them several times without a response now, i'll be advising paypal and will also process a chargeback from my bank to reverse the payment. the site advised me no credits, well how about if i just take my whole payment back!!
    I think i will purchase from another site mentioned above.

Thanks for the info !

8. ninjaw95 thread starter macrumors 6502

9. khaosj, Jan 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2012

khaosj macrumors newbie

They send you a fake gevey sim card or nothing atall.
    http://modmyi.com/forums/unlocking-activation/764328-legit-vs-fake-gevey-pro-guide-pics.html

This website is a SCAM and god knows what they use your personal information for. They could be stealing your information to commit identity theft!

DO NOT buy from them or register on the website.
    Report the website on Paypal if you are or have been a victim of this scam.

DO NOT use any fake gevey sim. it will drain your battery and overheat your iphone!

10. dlmariner macrumors newbie

Geveypro.com horrible customer service

As the others state, the website is no good. Unfortunately I didn't read these posts before purchasing from them. They have a very rude, careless guy handling the customers. First they sent me the wrong sim, then when I contacted them to try to make the return and get the correct item the guy tried to re-sell me the correct item again instead of allowing the return. I sent it back and about 3 weeks later got the correct item but with no help from the guy who runs the site. I battled with him through email since he was claiming never to have received the return. I threatened to file a dispute with Paypal and my credit card company, his response was "If you threaten me, it does nothing to help you. I don't care about your threats, they are meaningless." The same day, later on, I got another email from him 'Funny, This was already reshipped by our US warehouse', so his shipping center received my return and sent me the correct item without this guy even knowing. Don't deal with this company, it's not worth the hassle.

11. MarkHa macrumors newbie

I ordered a GPP SIM earlier today. Sent them an email after finding this thread.

I'll let you guys know tomorrow if I get a tracking number. I should according to their site.

12. MarkHa macrumors newbie

Got my tracking number today. I paid for first class and it was upgraded to priority for free.

I opened a ticket in the cart system and got a response within a few hours. It's looking good so far. They must have cleaned up their act.

13. MarkHa macrumors newbie

Got the GPP last week and installed it before the 5.1 update. Works as advertised. I'm a bit surprised with the reviews in this thread as my experience has been the opposite. I ordered, it shipped next day, and I received it then. When I emailed to find out if it was safe to update, I received a response within a few hours (its not!).

I can only say positive things about GeveyPro.com.

14. motakcf45 macrumors newbie

[​IMG]
    yes ,that's right