Is GMA 950 Core Image compatible?

Sol

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 14, 2003
1,564
6
Australia
I am planning to purchase a MacBook in the next month and also plan to install OS X 10.5 when it becomes available. Core Animation looks like a key feature of 10.5 and any Core Image capable Mac will run it according to Apple. Are the MacBooks with their Intel GMA 950 graphics Core Image compatible?
 

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
11,966
375
Sol said:
I am planning to purchase a MacBook in the next month and also plan to install OS X 10.5 when it becomes available. Core Animation looks like a key feature of 10.5 and any Core Image capable Mac will run it according to Apple. Are the MacBooks with their Intel GMA 950 graphics Core Image compatible?
It's fully Core Image compatible. It'll run all the eye-candy.
 

SuperSnake2012

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2005
810
0
NY
Do you honestly think Apple would sell a computer that wouldn't properly run their operating system which is coming out in a few months? :)
 

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
17,234
1,125
SuperSnake2012 said:
Do you honestly think Apple would sell a computer that wouldn't properly run their operating system which is coming out in a few months? :)
It's not completely unreasonable...the PPC Mac mini that was discontinued only six months ago doesn't support it.
 

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
11,966
375
WildCowboy said:
It's not completely unreasonable...the PPC Mac mini that was discontinued only six months ago doesn't support it.
I think he's taking the mick but you're right. My iBook was released months after the Core Image requirements for Tiger were revealed but it's still only got the 9200 - same as the mini.

The 9550 didn't arrive till much later.
 

Sol

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 14, 2003
1,564
6
Australia
Thank you for the responses. It sounds like the MacBook is future-proof enough with its Core Image compatibility and dual-core processor.