Is Google coming up with something new?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by it5five, Sep 23, 2007.

1. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

When I had signed into my university e-mail I saw a link to this thing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I thought it was just some dumb new service, until I saw they asked if I had a Gmail account. Weird?

What could Google be doing that involves 3D modeling and online gaming, if this is Google related at all.

EDIT: Just realize those are probably too small for people to see. Here are larger pictures:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1028/1427384586_fbcc5e4ad2_o.png
    http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1366/1427400224_956c624b70_o.png

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

It doesn't really look google related but you could never tell with these companies...it just might be. google is expanding so much I wouldn't put it past them.

Bless

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

If it is then it's silly. I think Google needs to focus on what they have and make them great. I believe if they try to be everything they will find themselves in the same class as AOL. It is far better to be great at a few things then so-so at everything.

4. capella macrumors newbie

It flies

Not sure why google are piloting MW, not aware of their having those rights. MW is looking to raise working capital, google are one of several interested parties. MW will be a significant leap forward in interactivity, it is a gateway to a host of revenue generating services with a scale of application across multitudinous facets of use everyday use. I work in a small 'think tank' trailing applications for MW, we have generated literally dozens of fee generating applications, some entirely novel to MW others enhanced services for existing applications. The current MW demo platforms are stunning in graphics, speed, interactivity, user modeling, and potential.

5. r1ch4rd macrumors 6502a

r1ch4rd

Google are a big money hungry advertising company at heart. Capella mentioned revenue generating services (in the middle of some top class marketing buzz words), I think that this is what Google will be interested in.

6. maple626 macrumors newbie

google's core product is search, unlike yahoo's "I'm all over the place" ie movies. OMG etc. Most of Google's income is via adsense/adwords where barely anyone uesed Yahoo's YPN

my 2 cents

Ashworth University

7. srt42b macrumors newbie

Google took over Sketchup which is a 3d modeling program, as well as Google Earth. At school we did some research and marketing for Yahoo that was similar but who knows if anything would ever come to be of it.