Is handoff working in beta 2?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by xreyuk, Jun 17, 2014.

1. xreyuk macrumors member

Anyone noticed if it's working better yet?

Anyone noticed if it's still only certain Macbook's (i.e Bluetooth 4.0 LE) that it works with?

2. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

I cannot get it working between my 5s and retina mini.....best ive seen so far is it shows my ipad in hot spot section of my iphone but nothing i do on either device shows up on the other devices lock screen. if i try to call someone on my ipad the screen gos black for a second then comes back to the website.....any ideas on how to get this working? Both running beta 2 and i tried restarting both. bluetooth is on on both both on same wifi network.

3. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

I got it semi working. If I start an email or browse on my iPad it'll show up on my phone. But if I start something with my phone it won't show up on the iPad hmm

4. SixSlinger macrumors regular

SixSlinger

It is working really well on my 2013 MacBook Air (w/ BT LE), but not at all with my 2011 MacBook Pro (BT 2.1). Apple might enable it in later beta releases. I hope so. It's a killer feature

5. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

It's working but ehh...not very consistent at this point [ as expected ]

6. Cinder6 macrumors 6502

Cinder6

It only partially works with my iPhone 5s and iPad Air. iPad -> iPhone shows the Safari icon on the bottom of the iPhone screen, but opening it doesn't actually bring up the active web page from the iPad. iPhone -> iPad does not work.

None of it works with my 2010 iMac, which is apparently (and sadly) to be expected. I'll have to try it with my mid-2011 MacBook Air, which is supposed to support it.

7. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

I haven't been able to get Handoff working at all between my MacBook Air 2011 running Yosemite beta 2 and my iPhone 5 running iOS 8 beta 2. Any tips? Both have Bluetooth on, both on same wifi network, I have Handoff enabled in MBA system preferences.