Is HD or SD TV more common in college?

Dekema2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2012
WNY or Utica
What do colleges typically have as far as TV quality is concerned? HD, SD? Mine has SD TV (proprietary cable) but the surrounding area has HD I believe.

filmbuff

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2011
Someone is still broadcasting in SD? I haven't seen an SD TV in years.

But what's really common in college? Watching HD shows on your computer through legal gray area websites.

Dekema2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2012
WNY or Utica
Someone is still broadcasting in SD? I haven't seen an SD TV in years.

But what's really common in college? Watching HD shows on your computer through legal gray area websites.
I find that to be most common myself. But on my campus we use HD TVs

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
When I was in college, you only got cable TV if you called the cable company and had them install it. And my roommate and I were the only ones in either building that had it, because we were the only ones willing to pay for it. Same with phone service.

Party at our room just about every night, it was. Good times!

A.Goldberg

macrumors 68020
Jan 31, 2015
Boston
Dorms suck move off campus.

I do know my college had HD in the dorms when I graduated, but I didn't live on campus. That was a couple years ago.

lowendlinux

Contributor
Sep 24, 2014
North Country (way upstate NY)
When I was in college, you only got cable TV if you called the cable company and had them install it. And my roommate and I were the only ones in either building that had it, because we were the only ones willing to pay for it. Same with phone service.

Party at our room just about every night, it was. Good times!
When I was in the towers you didn't get cable or a phone. I you needed a phone there was a pay phone in the hall. I honestly can't remember ever seeing a TV anywhere on campus other that the student union.