Is Hi-Res really necessary ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by anish69, Feb 26, 2011.

1. anish69 macrumors newbie

I'm mainly going to use my laptop for photoshop,flash,dreamweaver,after effects etc... and a spot of video editing as well.... is it really necessary and will it make a major difference paying 120 quid more?

Cheers

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Since you're asking the question, it probably won't make any difference to you. Generally people know if they need it or not.

3. Whitelightning macrumors regular

Nothing is necessary, but hi-res is really nice for real estate. Great to have multiple applications open, or even just have more real estate to work with larger images. Looks sharper than standard too.

Things look too small for some reason? Adjust,or adjust font size.

4. mgmusicman94 macrumors 6502a

Have you compared an iPhone 4 to an iPhone 3G or 3GS? If you have, you understand the difference it makes. But I feel that with a computer that has a larger screen, you won't really notice the difference because usually the screen is further away from your face than an iPhone would. Yeah, if you get really close you will see a difference, but I don't see the point. I haven't seen one in person though so don't take my word for it.

5. simsaladimbamba

The HR display gives you more room for all the palettes in AE and PS and the applications you want to use.
    I have a 20" iMac with 1680 x 1050 pixel and a 17" MBP with 1920 x 1200 pixel. I am more comfortable with the 17" when using AE or PS or Avid or ... .

6. Whitelightning macrumors regular

Ive seen one in person, it looks perfectly fine mainly since the screen is big. So things definitely don't look tiny at all, feels like it is more fitting of a screen that size.

Now if it were a 15.2'' laptop with a 1920x1080 display... yes that would feel tiny, I remember Dell had that kind of option before, it was.... eyesore. Definitely not the case for the new macs.

7. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

It's not the same type of difference between the iPhones and the hi-res vs standard res MBPs though. The iPhone is simply to make it sharper, whereas the MBP gives you more room to work on the same size screen, which I imagine would be nice for photo editing.

8. christophermdia macrumors 6502a

christophermdia

on my hi-res I have had multiple windows open to do different things, such as a web browser and word or excel to quickly copy paste items, all whil still having even chat windows open....this is with 1 screen, where on my other comps I would have to use a dal display to get this done...makes a HUGE difference

9. anish69 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah i see what your saying, may have to invest in the hi-res then if its only 120 quid more and more space to work with