is Hidden (theft tracking app) any good?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by The Final Cut, Dec 1, 2010.

1. The Final Cut macrumors 6502

Im really thinking about buying it because of the price... but what if I put a windows partition on it one day? Does it also work in windows or should I just set up a windows password? Can't the thief work with the bootcamp partition, even with the firmware password thingy?

2. BaronvdB macrumors 6502

BaronvdB

It's FREE!!

Hidden is free right now...I'd really like to hear from someone who uses it though..

http://hiddenapp.com/

3. thunderboltspro macrumors regular

Really.

Basically it all comes down to don't get your laptop stolen!!!!, as once a thief has your laptop they can either remove the hardrive,reformat it, part it. As you can see none of these above would do a rats of a poo chance to your likely hood of getting it back.

Unless by shear luck your thief is stupid enough to connect it to the internet and log in(basically with the software to work, you would have to have the guest login active )so they can be logged in to track it.

Basically get insurance on it and that is the safest path.

4. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Just downloaded, did a test and it showed me a map of where it was and an iSight shot of me.

It's free fgs. You'll need to activate the Guest Account though, so the thief can use it.