Is His iPhone Stolen, Jailbroken or What?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lilnyc, Jun 10, 2008.

1. lilnyc macrumors 6502a

lilnyc

My co-worker is a HS dropout and very 'hood (to put it mildly), yet he has an iPhone. But so does almost everyone I see (in NYC) now. I didn't think about it twice until I noticed that he knows nothing about the phone's features. I don't see plopping down that type of money and not knowing about it.

1. He asked how to get somewhere. I told him to use his iPhone. He wasn't aware of the Google maps function.

2. His ringtone is the default, yet this guy is semi-tech savvy and creative. I'm shocked that he can't customize his ringtone.

3. I let him use my 16GB iPhone for Google maps, and when he was done, he flicked it across the desk like a piece of paper. I almost died. Anyone who PAID for an iPhone knows it's not a cheap phone that you flick across a desk...esp. someone else's.

4. Everyone at work was excited about the 3G iPhone announcement. When I showed him th Apple site, he looked at it with no emotion and asked, "What's 3G?"

I seriously suspect that his was not purchased at AT&T nor Apple. That, or he just doesn't know how to use his iPhone.

2. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

My dad has an iPhone, doesn't know what 3G is, and didn't know there was a ringer switch for about the first three months he owned it.

Of course, he's getting the 3G iPhone the day it comes out.

3. Fireman52SFD macrumors member

did he steal yours? If not who gives a crap. My mom has an iPhone and looks like a monkey humping a football everytime She uses it. Leave him alone.

4. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

haha!:)

5. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

It's definitely stolen. You should forward this information on to the FBI immediately.

6. thor79 macrumors 6502

thor79

I would suspect him of swiping someone's from the situation you described...but unless you can identify who it is he swiped it from I wouldn't worry about it. There's really nothing you can do if you don't know who the victim is...he'll just claim he purchased it...and how are you going to prove he didn't?

7. sinecurea macrumors regular

You are a phone snob. And why must everybody change their ringtone?

8. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

Maybe he received the phone as payment for certain "favors"?