Is home delivery earlier than usual?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ryank808, Jun 14, 2010.

1. ryank808 macrumors regular

I'm curious about delivery times when pre-ordering for delivery.

Have you found that on launch days of Apple products it comes earlier than normal?

FedEX/UPS usually delivers to my house about 4-6pm, which is why I'm not a fan of going the delivery route. But if it turns out that they deliver early specially for the iPhone on launch day, then I might take it.

2. ryank808 thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry I thought it was a unique question. I had seen questions about delivery guaranteed on launch day, but nothing about delivery arriving earlier than usual.

3. Peanut207 macrumors 6502

Peanut207

Good question. I was wondering the same thing, because if thats the case I'll opt for the in store pickup. You just never know I guess, depends on a lot of variables. I'm probably just gonna go with the delivery to avoid the lines. The only bad thing is that you have to make sure you're going to be home all day cause they need a signature. My luck I'll be dropping a deuce and the fed ex guy will take off! :eek:

4. ttech10 macrumors 6502

I'm not sure about this either. UPS usually delivers around 5-6pm here so hopefully they go with FedEx since they deliver pretty early for me.

I find too many people are obsessed with "Cool story BRO!", "Oh look it's this tread again" and every other "I'm cool because I use pictures to insult you" picture. It's at the point where every post like that deserves it's own "OH look it's this picture again..." picture.

5. Kyliec89 macrumors member

Fed Ex lists 3 types of overnight shipping:

First Overnight by 8am

Priority Overnight by 10:30am

Standard Overnight by 3:00pm

If it were standard, I think everyone would be reporting getting theirs at random times depending on the route of the truck in their area. But a lot of people say they got theirs in the morning, so i think that it might be Priority Overnight, but I don't know that for sure at all. just a guess. maybe it will say on the checkout.

6. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

OP When you order from Apple you will get the standard overnight/2 day/X Day depending on when Apple ships it (YES if you pre order early enough you'll have it on launch day).

I say "Standard" because that just means it'll get into your city on whatever day and your driver will toss it in the back of his truck and get it to you whenever. They technically have until the end of the business day.

The only time you'll get it earlier than on your drivers standard route is when "First Overnight" or "Priority overnight" , which is 8AM and 10:30 AM delivery repectivly.

7. ryank808 thread starter macrumors regular

Thats for the responses. Looks like its an unknown.

So my choices are:
    - AT&T and wait in line (which i really dont wanna do).

- Best Buy - doing preorders for sure, but they didnt know if they were opening early on launch day.

8. NYY FaN macrumors 6502

NYY FaN

Well there are many people who claimed to have gotten the 3GS at or before 10am..

9. Bloake macrumors 6502

Bloake

There's nothing special about the iPhone that the couriers would deliver it any different than they usually do other packages.

10. Bloake macrumors 6502

Bloake

Guess what? We all get our mails at different times....

11. hippo206 macrumors 6502

+1

12. NYY FaN macrumors 6502

NYY FaN

no ****, all I'm pointing out is that people have been mentioning they got theirs around 10am.. so maybe there's a reason for it

13. LoganT macrumors 68020

The last time I pre-ordered something from Apple.com it was when I ordered Leopard. It came in around 10:30 AM. So yes, maybe you are right that they get it earlier than usual.