iPhone Is iBlacklist now a relic of past jailbreaks?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by braddick, Dec 30, 2013.

1. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Now that iOS7 offers call blocking will iBlacklist become a tweak of the past?
    Also, are there other once popular jailbreak apps/tweaks that are no longer relevant?

2. johnNYChingaz macrumors member

I would say so, unless they come up with something different

3. BumpyFlatline, Dec 30, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2013

BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

iBlackList is so much better than the stock blacklist. I personally don't use either service these days but used to love iBlackList. It can still do so much more useful stuff than the iOS stock version for someone that wants true/complete blocking features.

As for popular tweaks losing their importance, I'd say NCSettings and SBSettings are less important. Control Center has a ton of usefulness but I'll definitely install a tweak to improve it like Petrich's tweak or the upcoming CCControls which should be out very soon, any day now. I see no need to install SBSettings or ncsettibgs on iOS 7. Well I guess only SBSettings matters in this discussion since the developer of ncsettings dropped support and development last year. It won't even be updated for iOS 7, unless of course he changes his mind which is highly unlikely given the usefulness of Apple's Control Center.

Also, notification center replacements like LockInfo and IntelliscreenX are less useful. Now a simple tweak like permanent reminders is way more useful than installing a full blown package like LI or ISX. Having said that, the LI dev, David Ashman, has taken the right approach in that LI is integrated INTO the notification center instead of being a complete replacement. Regardless, I probably won't use it this time around :)() unless he blows me away (which is a real possibility since I've absolutely loved LI since iOS 3 or 4 :)...can't remember when I first purchased it).

I'm sure there are others but that's just my initial reaction.

4. oplix macrumors 65816

oplix

Either it will become "a thing of the past" or it will be updated. 50/50. Take your pick.

5. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

The one thing i would like the stock one to do is allow me to block someone from doing just one thing rather than forcing me to always block them from all (FaceTime, calling, texting)

6. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

RingerX VIP allows you to ignore individuals or groups. You can choose to ignore all, email, text, or call, or any combination thereof. When that person or group does what you've set it to ignore you get zero notifications.

Don't know if it's iOS 7 compatible yet (haven't seen an update) but I've been using it on iOS 6.1 for quite some time.

7. braddick thread starter macrumors 68040

braddick

^
    Terrific tweak!

I know with iBlacklist, each time I updated my iPhone it was a hassle getting the license transferred over (somewhat poor communications with the developer). The last time I simply repurchased it.

Might forgo this time around as other alternatives seem just as viable if not more so.

8. bwrairen macrumors 6502

Iblacklist allows blocking on no number, private and unavailable calls.

9. LoLife macrumors regular

I hope iblacklist isnt a relic of the past. I really enjoy using it and have been hoping it gets updated for iOS 7. I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed

10. MacTCE macrumors 6502

I'm hoping iBlacklist still gets dev attention. One of the best in Cydia.