Is icloud email ok and well support?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by barry222, Jan 16, 2014.

1. barry222 macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I am going away from gmail on my ipad2....too many gremlins.

Am I making a mistake considering icloud ? What is the support like ?

The other option is Telstra Bigpond.

What comment please from members who are using these.

Thank you, Barry

2. pmontanarella macrumors 6502

Have been using iCloud since the MobileMe days and haven't had a single issue. Works flawlessly as far as I can tell.

3. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Same here and no complaints. There have been a couple brief outages, but Gmail and other providers have had the same issue.

4. Dark Dragoon macrumors 6502a

Dark Dragoon

I've been using it since the .Mac days (around 2005), I've not got any complaints with it.
    Maybe only a few outages since I started using it, well that I've noticed anyway.

5. Bear macrumors G3

I've been using iCLoud email since it's .mac incarnation and the few outages I've seen have been no worse than any other larger provider.

Is Telstra your ISP? If so, what happens when you switch ISPs? I like the fact that iCloud doesn't depend on what ISP you have.

But all mail providers including gmail has had outages, so I'd say the outages are not really an issue.

6. Dark Dragoon macrumors 6502a

Dark Dragoon

Yeah I didn't mean this as a bad thing, its good when you only notice a couple of outages over a period of around 8 years.

7. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

8. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

iCloud is great! It sets up with one switch on any device in iCloud Settings and also offers IMAP for regular email clients. Best of all it isn't going to disappear anytime soon.

9. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

That's good to know everyone have no problem with iCloud email address but for me I never used it or give anyone my iCloud email address yet but I was shocked to find out I get two spam emails!! How do they know my email address??? That's scary one ! :apple:

10. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I have had the happen with iCloud and other email providers also. I have an iCloud alias account I have never once used (I just wanted to grab the name) and I got a couple spams sent to it.

I don't believe Apple leaked your email. I think spammers just sling out a bajillion emails to @icloud.com with random or dictionary words and you get hit this way. I reported the message to spam@icloud.com and they stopped.

11. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I see.I am glad Apple is doing a good job stopping spam. But spammers will not give up. :apple: