Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
Hi all,

I'm perusing the other threads in this iCloud sub-forum but figured I'd ask here in plain english for others that may come across the same hurdle:

I managed to remove all 25,000+ photos from my old clunky iPhoto program and backed up to 2 external hard drives just to make sure I never lose 5 years worth of precious memories. With that being said, I then uploaded all of these 25,000+ photographs to "Photos" app on my OS X Yosemite. It took a while (about 9 hours) just to get all of these pictures to copy themselves into the Photos app.

The intended successful outcome from all this is the hopes that all 25,000+ photos will be available for me to see either on iCloud.com or my iPad/iPhone running iOS 8.3.

Currently, iCloud.com shows only 6,054 photos are available. Last night it was a 6,039. Obviously they seem to trickle in here and there. At this point i've initiated and paid for 200GB's of iCloud storage and I believe all these 25,000+ pics at full resolution only take about 60GB's.

The point is, I want that lowly 6,000+ number to go up to 25,000+ so I can reassured all my photos are backed up and easily accessible to me online, anytime.

I've tried hitting the refresh button at the bottom of the iCloud Photos site but the number refreshes to the same 6,054. I've quit the OS X Photos app and reopened in the hopes that changes something but alas i'm forced to ask here. I've let the app run all night long but it seems either they aren't uploading or, maybe perhaps its slowly being uploaded in bulks?

No clue, any help is super appreciated.

P.S. In Prefs, this window has always stayed the same. I've never seen or been given an estimate for how long to expect my pics to be uploaded or anything of the like.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
I have a thought:
What if I synced up all of my photos from the photo app onto my iPad that has 8.3 and then would there be a way for all of the pictures to upload to iCloud via the iPad?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.