Is iLiberty+ Safer for Touches than ZiPhone 3 or 2?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by allbrokeup, Apr 2, 2008.

1. allbrokeup macrumors 6502

I really need to know whether, iLiberty+ is safer than ZiPhone 2.5 or 2.6 or 3.0...As I am re-jailbreaking my pod.

Cheers!

allbrokeup.

2. ipodtoucher macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

I haven't tested iLiberty, but ZiPhone 2.6b worked seamlessly with no problems

3. CinciSS07 macrumors newbie

i just put iLiberty+ on my 32gb and it has worked flawlessy so far. install cydia and the fake bsd though in installer. good luck

4. touchher macrumors regular

i had so much trouble with ziphone 3.0- after i finally get it installed (my computer shut down in the 1 minute 10 seconds ziphone was working, had to restore, start over) i got a "Main Script Execution Error".. very frustrating. However, iLiberty+ worked like a charm on the first try, although i had to add a few installer sources.
    I vote for ziphone 2.6b or iLiberty+

5. ipodtoucher macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

Yeah i've heard that ZiPhone 3.0 sucks bt 2.6b was really great!

6. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

even though I hated ziphone 3.0 and failed tried, tried iLiberty and was making progress but could never get summerboard to apply themes. Went back to ziphone last night and all seems to be working again for me so I thin kfor now i'm gonna be goin against better judgement and keep ziphone jailbreak

7. Four20 macrumors 6502a

Four20

I have used ZiPhone on both my 16G and 8G iPods
    one with 1.1.3 and one with 1.1.4. . .didn't have any issues at all

8. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

I would still use iLiberty+, because ziphone uses a very unsecure flashing process in the first phase. And ziphone puts all your app's in Ramdisk, and you can't expand it. iLiberty+ takes a little bit longer than the 45" ziphone, but it's worth it..

9. spacecadet610 macrumors 6502

no problems for me from iLiberty+. was scared to try ziphone given other comments

10. ipodmaster macrumors newbie

ziphone usually works but sometimes requires you to reboot your PC this is an undocumented feature

11. jbarr macrumors regular

I used several of the JB programs over the months including several versions of ZiPhone through v2.6b, and had few if any problems. I have not yet used v3, and I have not tried iLiberty+. I figure I'll stick with what works.

But for me, even ZiPhone was not "perfect" in that I had to apply several chown and chmod updates. I also found that installing Cydia improved compatibility and stability, and improved the shell making PuTTY sessions much easier.

Note that with the exception of some VERY rare cases, doing a Restore through iTunes with a clean firmware image will always get you back to "stock" mode.

12. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

wow, iLiberty+ is amazing, it's so easy and it's automatic. ZiPhone wasn't working well for me...

13. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

how do you do that? I'm new at this so I have know idea, it seems I need that to download apps.