Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darkmamon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2021
(You don't have to read the context below if you don't want to know haha you can just answer the topic question thank you)
I want to use my new ipad pro M1 as long as possible
and I think the problem is mainly about battery health in the long run
so I'm considering buying apple care plus for battery replacement later but they only change it if the battery health "drop below 80%"
but i don't know if after 2 year Will my battery health drop below that? that's one thing
so i think i should check my own ipad that use about 3 year if its battery health drop below that and it show in iMazing that the battery health is 91%. so i think if i use my new ipad pro with the same lifestyle as my old ipad the battery health won't drop below that and the apple care plus would be a waste of money for me

so to summarize. Is iMazing realiable app for checking ipad's battery health. Is it accurate enough to argue with apple support

Artsketch

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2019
The log-aggregated file on your iPad is reliable and has much more battery information

darkmamon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2021
I don't know if iMazing is reliable or accurate for checking the battery on your iPad, but I do know that this app is:

seem like it only work in mac

i only got pc windows 10

Artsketch

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2019
Mine doesn’t have ’battery’ search results in that section…
You have to turn share analytic data with apple on, then the file is generated every day. Copy & paste the whole text from the recent log-aggregated file to the notepad app and there is a search option.

Last edited:
Reactions: motulist

Digitalguy

macrumors 601
Apr 15, 2019
Neither iMazing nor Coconut match Apple battery check, so from this point of view they are totally unreliable...
They can both show that you battery is at 70% and you are still above 80% with Apple...
When I had a battery replacement service both iMazing and Coconut were showing around 40%, Apple 56%....
Very unlikely that you drop below 80% a new devices in 2 years (80% for Apple, not third party providers...)

Reactions: akash.nu

darkmamon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2021
Neither iMazing nor Coconut match Apple battery check, so from this point of view they are totally unreliable...
They can both show that you battery is at 70% and you are still above 80% with Apple...
When I had a battery replacement service both iMazing and Coconut were showing around 40%, Apple 56%....
Very unlikely that you drop below 80% a new devices in 2 years (80% for Apple, not third party providers...)
Can it be that apple maybe tell false information to customer that doesn't know much about this battery thing to prevent them from getting the service they bought?

• Love
Reactions: foliovision

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I don't know if iMazing is reliable or accurate for checking the battery on your iPad, but I do know that this app is:

IMazing shows the same information as Coconut Battery. From what I have seen, both show consistently the same numbers. Said numbers will different from what Apple looks at.

Artsketch

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2019
Can it be that apple maybe tell false information to customer that doesn't know much about this battery thing to prevent them from getting the service they bought?
You can verify this information yourself, it's all in the file on your iPad Pro.

Digitalguy

macrumors 601
Apr 15, 2019
The word false is relative in the world of batteries... You can flex the reality so that it is not technically false... like battery life claims by laptops manufactures...
Apple loses money on those device swaps so they have no incentive in people doing that, which is also against planned obsolescence...
Remember that Apple was pushed to do these battery replacements after a shock PR campaign lead by Casey Neistat back in the iPods days... but the less they do the better for them...

svish

macrumors G3
Nov 25, 2017
iMazing and Coconut Battery can provide battery health information. I have used both and have found that it displays similar information. So you can use iMazing

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
There’s no accurate way of determining battery health. It’s always an estimation and that completely depends on the algorithms used by different applications.

darkmamon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2021
You have to turn share analytic data with apple on, then the file is generated every day. Copy & paste the whole text from the recent log-aggregated file to the notepad app and there is a search option.
i already copy the whole text and put then in microsoft word
but when i search for “battery” it found nothing

Artsketch

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2019

Attachments

• E7CFB8B5-0A06-4EBE-A9B1-20BA35F01830.jpeg
    E7CFB8B5-0A06-4EBE-A9B1-20BA35F01830.jpeg
    310.5 KB · Views: 462
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.