Is iMessage beta for OSX done?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by onthecouchagain, Mar 22, 2012.

1. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Is anyone else's iMessage on their OSX comp/laptop working anymore? I keep getting the red ! mark whenever I try to send messages. Obviously the people I'm trying to message aren't getting it.

Is the Beta over or something?

2. Brad9893 macrumors 6502

Brad9893

Everything is still working for me! Also, you can still download the beta from Apple.com, so I would assume the beta is still in effect.

3. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

iMessage will be in beta probably until Mountain Lion comes out, at which time it will end. To continue using iMessage on the desktop you will have to upgrade to Mountain Lion to continue to use iMessage.

I believe some accounts are not activated to use iMessage, so you will get an error message. Something to do with the iCloud not being activated or some such.

4. onthecouchagain thread starter macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

I was using iMessage perfectly fine off my Air until about a few days ago, when all my messages started to fail when sending. All of them kept getting ! signs.

I'll look into resetting the account when I get home, I suppose. It's just bizarre.

5. dmrowley macrumors 6502

dmrowley

I sure hope not. It keeps telling me I have unread messages when I do not.

6. onthecouchagain thread starter macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Well I reset my login so it seems to be working now, although it really is slow to receive and send messages.

7. OverSpun macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

Yea, I have that same issue with unread messages. I can't seem a way to clear it.

8. tredstone macrumors regular