Is iMessage working for you?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HXGuy, Oct 12, 2011.

1. HXGuy macrumors 68000

I have iOS 5 on my iPad and iPhone and am trying to test send a message between the two and its not working.

From I send from the phone to the iPad, on the phone it says it went thru but it never sows up in th iPad. When I send from the iPad to the phone, I get an error.

Anyone else having problems?

2. NorfolkMustard macrumors regular

Have you configured the iPad to receive iMessages on the email address you're sending the iMessage to? and have you confirmed you own that email address by clicking on the link in the email apple will have sent you?

You can also check the email addresses confirmed for an iCloud account, here https://appleid.apple.com/ but that seems to be offline right now.

3. HXGuy thread starter macrumors 68000

I have the iPad set to receive messages at my @me.com email. Is there something else I need to do?

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

are you trying to imessage yourself or someone else? I'm not sure it works so well without a second person involved. :D

I'm successfully exchanging messages with a friend over imessage.

5. Tycoonguy macrumors regular

You can't iMessage yourself. At least you couldn't in the original betas.

6. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

I've been messaging myself all day without any issues. Though talking to oneself is kind of boring.

7. climber20 macrumors member

I had this problem too. I had both devices registered under the same apple ID, and when I sent a message from ipad to iphone, the message showed up, but there was no notification sound or badge. However, if I sent a message from iphone to iPad, everything worked as expected.

I then set up a dummy account under a different email address of mine, assigned that to the ipad, and everything worked perfectly. I think there's some issue with messaging yourself between 2 devices registered under the same email address.